Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

arrow rests

Old 09-30-2004, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: arrow rests

MZE baby
Old 09-30-2004, 07:59 AM

Another vote for MZE
Old 09-30-2004, 09:21 AM
Spike

I switched this year from the WB to the MZE and I love the MZE and would never go back. Both are good rests and would recommend either one.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:59 AM

It depends a bit on what bow you have. Some (most) fall away rests that attach to the cable guard (like the MZE) do not work well with real short ATA bows or those with short draw lengths; There just isn't enough cable guard movement to operate them effectively. For those bows, I would go with a fall away rest that either attaches to the cables themselves or that doesn't attach to anything. I plan to put a Trophy Taker Shakey hunter on my Blackhawk after this season.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Im not fond of the biscuit, I use a trophy taker and wouldnt ever change!!!!
Old 10-01-2004, 02:27 AM

Sounds like alot of you use the zero effect. So I think I am going to check it out. Thanks
Old 10-01-2004, 07:06 AM

hornbow,
My 31" ATA Justice with a 26.75" DL has a MZE and it works as flawlessly as the one on my 37" ATA Icon. I don't think that ATA or DL is a problem if the MZE is installed by someone who knows what he is doing.

tmccarty11
The MZE is my recommendation for a hunting rig. It seems to be easier to tune. After installing the MZE, it took the shop about 10 minutes to tune for bullet holes at 6' AND confirm the tune for 10' and 15'. However, this is a shop that installs a LOT of MZE's and is committed to and enthusiastic about the MZE. Not every bow shop can do it.

I switched from the WB to the MZE and have been very satisfied. I won't go back to the WB.
Good Luck,
Allen
Old 10-01-2004, 01:11 PM
Typical Buck

I've got a hoyt RazerTech and it has a short ATA and it works great.I dont think ATA has anything to do with the ZE function properly.My brace height is 8 inches too.The rest is really adjustable to fit most bows.Also for bows that have a lower cable guard you need to purchase a bracket adapter,no biggy.I installed mine in about a half an hour and on my buds Mathews FX About ten min.
Old 10-01-2004, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't vouche for the WB since I've never shot one. But I don't like the idea of all of the fletching contact with it. I have a MZE on my 31.5" ATA Outback and it performs flawlessly.
Old 10-01-2004, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know several hunters who swear by the W.B. They love the fact that the arrow never falls off.

I am shooting the Trophy Taker fall-away and love it as well.

Quick Reply: arrow rests

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.