Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ? carbon arrows fletching ? >

? carbon arrows fletching ?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

? carbon arrows fletching ?

Old 09-24-2004, 01:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default ? carbon arrows fletching ?

i switched this year from alums to gold tip carbon arrows, after doing a lot of research...
I always have fletched my own arrows...
i have already refletched about 5 arrows.. lets face it fletching just dont stick as well on carbons as alums... i now wish i would have stayed with my xx78's.. ive been using the steel force beyond bond, but i dont think its worth its hefty price... what glues do you guys have luck with.
do any of you feel the same way....?
Old 09-24-2004, 02:05 PM

Default RE: ? carbon arrows fletching ?

I use the steel force beyond bond myself and it is the only glue I'll use on my Gold Tips. Make sure your getting your shafts good and clean this can cause a problem.
Old 09-24-2004, 02:23 PM

IME bohning bond tite is the best on the market. It'll definately be the best $2.99 you spend on bow hunting.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg..._encoding=UTF8
Old 09-24-2004, 02:27 PM

Yes, they stick on carbons just as well as aluminum. Clean surface and the right glue make all the difference.
Old 09-24-2004, 03:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Any carbon I've ever fletched for myself I'll lightly sand the area, clean with alcohol and also clean the fletch with alohol and apply. I've never had a problem with them coming off....apply a small bead at the ends after finishing.
Old 09-24-2004, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Even though it's not recommended I've had no problem using regular Fletch Tite on my Beman carbon shafts. I usually scuff them up with a very fine sandpaper, soak them in Bohning SSR cleaner and then fletch them when they are dry. I put a drop of Fastset gel at each end of the vane to help keep it from peeling off.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Let's see. So far I've used Feltchtite, NPV, Fletchtite Platinum, many types of super glue gels. They all seem to work just fine. It must be the way I prepare the surface of the arrows. Clean them with 91% alcohol, or acetone. A little roughing of the surface with scotchbrite first doesn't hurt either. If you're using vanes then clean the glueing surface of them as well.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:33 PM

Some vanes have a glue activator on them so read their instructions before cleaning off their bases.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:24 PM

I spent 8 hours on a dozen arrow shafts and all of the vanes peeled off. I was mad![:@] I was told to lightly sand the shaft and put on some acetone. I did that and can't get them off.[:@]
Old 09-27-2004, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

thanks guys,
although i have been lightly sanding and cleaning with acetone....
i think after a little investigating i found that i didnt have quite enough glue on the fletching... i refletched them yesterday and they seem to be sticking fine now... it is harder to get the old glue off of carbons......

Quick Reply: ? carbon arrows fletching ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.