Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 its like the holiday in!!!!!!!!! >

its like the holiday in!!!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

its like the holiday in!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-23-2004, 06:58 PM

Default its like the holiday in!!!!!!!!!

hey everyone i'm new to this forum, but i need some advice, i have a place that i been hunting off and on for a while now well this year i went to go bait and right where i been putting my bait piles for the past few years i noticed that allthe grass was bedded down, as i proceeded to my other tree blind which is about 50 yards away i also noticed many spots where the grass was pushed down along a wide trail, so instead iof disturbing those spots i relocated my bait pile about 15 yards away from it, i never hunted in an area where i knew the deer where bedding down so what would be a good way to go about hunting this area? was baiting a bad thing to do? i also put out a cane block in the area.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: its like the holiday in!!!!!!!!!

First, welcome to the forum. There is a great deal of experience, education and all around great people here.

Now, if it's a true bedding area, you want to disturb it as little as possible. Through scouting, find where the deer are doing their primary feeding and place your stand between that and the bedding area. If you opt to put out a bait site, place it there, between the bedding and feeding area. You'll have a great setup.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:15 AM

Default RE: its like the holiday in!!!!!!!!!

If you disturb their bedding area too much they'll move...maybe to the neighboor's property. Do what Rob said and put your stand in between where they're bedding and feeding. If you HAVE to hunt that bedding area get up reall early and get in there way before first light. You may have them come and bed there but that's a one time thing and the stand will probably be ruined if you shoot one or get busted there.