Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What type of safety harness do you use? >

What type of safety harness do you use?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What type of safety harness do you use?

Old 09-23-2004, 07:28 AM

Default What type of safety harness do you use?

I use a safety strap when I'm in my stand.I don't have one on when I'm climbing up or going down from my stand.
I know I should have a safety rope on at all times,how do you guys do it?When your stand is 15 to 20 feet up the tree?
I was wondering if anyone uses a mountain climbing caliper around your waist?I would appreciate any help.
I've only been bow hunting and using tree stands for 2 years.
I use climbing sticks and screw in tree steps.The tree's have branches on the way up so I would have to unhook at times.Thanks for any idea's.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:51 AM

Default RE: What type of safety harness do you use?

I have a seat of the pants harness and also a double strap that came with my hangons. I use them both but mostly I use the double straps for conveience.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:54 AM

I used a chest harness last year, but I am switching to the full body harness. I am not sure which one I will get. I like the Gorilla and Seat O' the Pants one as well.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a Ameristep full body harness
Old 09-23-2004, 02:05 PM
Fork Horn

I use a Rock climbing harnes that has loops for my waste and both legs, its comfortable enough to be in all day and it doesnt hurt or pinch when your hanging from it. its like a chair once your suspended.. although it was 110$ when i bought it i figured i could use it for something else along with rock climbing. soooo i havent tried any of the hunting harnesses yet. since mine works great.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

A while back, I used a regular chest harness, Last year I switched to the Seat of the Pants harness. This year, I opted to go for ease of use and got myself one of the Hunter Safety system vests.. What a dream!
Old 09-23-2004, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

i use whatever harness comes with the stand. i also bought a ameristep fully body harness.
Old 09-23-2004, 03:45 PM

This is just me, and I recommend whatever makes you feel safe, but I don't go for buying those expensive harnesses. I just tie my tried and true swiss seat around my waist and go at it. Plus im not scared of heights so I don't get figetty.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dunno what the name of it is, it came with the viper xls summit climber stand. Its a full body harness.

Old 09-24-2004, 03:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.broadheadtests.com/FEATURES.html
follow the link and scroll down the bottom of the page. This is the harness I use.

Quick Reply: What type of safety harness do you use?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.