Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What do you think my Elk is worth? >

What do you think my Elk is worth?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you think my Elk is worth?

Old 09-21-2004, 01:52 PM

Default What do you think my Elk is worth?

After a great opener, shooting my cow at 20', I got her in the cooler that afternoon, "wed" and when I went home the following monday packed her in Ice and had her in the butchers with in 3hrs.
Last night a relative called to say there where firetrucks there at the shop, so I call them at home, no answer, call again twice today, no answer.
Drive buy and their loading all the meat into a rendering truck!, it was all condemed![:@][:@][:@][:@]
I said "when is the insurance company going to call me?" they said they or the adjuster would.
Figured I had better get something out of this!
Man Am I pi&&ed!
Sorry, I just needed to vent to someone.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What do you think my Elk is worth?

Wow that really stinks. Sorry to hear that. Is it possible to apply for another permit?
Old 09-21-2004, 02:04 PM

Really bad break elk-man, sorry to hear of this.I hope you can recover your damages soon and maybe recoup some of your losses.
Again, sorry about the troubles.
Old 09-21-2004, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would say that it would be worth pretty much. I would take into consideration the price of tags, packing out (if paid for) your time and effort and any other costs you incurred during the hunt like gas food or lodging. I wouldn't go by the market price of elk meat because those are pen raised and don't cost near as much as wild ones.
Old 09-21-2004, 02:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

hey elk-man glad no humans were involved, i'd be surprised if the insurance company can't tell you what it's "worth", some kids broke into my garage once and stole a bunch of rocks (thats arrowheads for you none rock hounds) they told me to go and buy a book and figure up the value, to me money would not replace them but that was there way of handling it, i don't remember what they gave me but it will never replace the years of flipping rocks in fresh plowed fields[&o] and finding that perfect arrowhead, i hope you get some satisfaction.
Old 09-21-2004, 02:42 PM

Im am hoping they consider what Bearklr said, time, gas, storage, ice, tags, replacment cost if I can get a new tag.
Old 09-21-2004, 03:56 PM

good luck, with your efforts, it'll be interesting to see how much they deem your loss is worth, how much do you figure you had in the animal?

my buddies and i just lost all of our processing equipment (band saw, cuber, grinder, knives everything) we stored it at a friends business that recenlty burnt to the ground, waiting to see if his insurance will cover any of it.

once again good luck.
Old 09-21-2004, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator

Thats a bummer! Sorry to hear about that. I doubt the state will issue you a replacement tag though.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:03 PM

Imagine being the guy that lost his lively hood along with his shop[&o]. I doubt you will get what you had invested in it, but I wish you the best of luck.

Everyone is always saying it's not about the trophy, but the experience, and they can't take that away from you can they. This would be a good time to prove that point I guess.

I feel for you, I had shop lose my hide once. They offered to replace it with another one. Well that other one wasn't the one I shot was it. Just didn't seem the same to me.

Paul
Old 09-21-2004, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's a real shame Elk-man. I wish you the best. I would be willing to bet that you won't get anything for gas and all the other expenses because they will say that was for the experience of the hunt. They will probably just replace the cost of the meat.[:'(] I hope I am WRONG. Let us know because I would like to be proven wrong on this.

Quick Reply: What do you think my Elk is worth?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.