Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 a great opening day story >

a great opening day story

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

a great opening day story

Old 09-17-2004, 11:27 AM

Default a great opening day story

Hey guys let me just start off by saying this was not me it was a friend of mine.

This happend last year opeing day of the archery season. Me and my buddy always hunt the same woods on opening day together. we had plenty of time before daylight so we stoped at dunkin donuts for hot chocolate. we finished the chocolate and headed into the woods. i have a fixed stand in there while my friend mike has a climber. we both agreed at 9:30 we would me up on a trail. come 7:30 i see mike looking for me on my stand I thought of just one thing. He got a deer . i asked him while i am still in my stand "you get one'? he said no. then i noticed blood on his face. I asked him what happend your bleeding?

He was climbing up his the tree with his stand and he had a bad case of the stomic. so he had to RUSH and get down off the tree to go # 2 while he was going down the climber got stuck and he couldnt get down. he said he was about 7 feet off the ground so he jump when he landed that case of the stomic problem ended up in his pants. hahahhaha he craped himself. he left his underwear and STUFF out in the woods. lol

that is such a great story
Old 09-17-2004, 11:29 AM

Default RE: a great opening day story

That happened to a friend. Yea right!
Old 09-17-2004, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know I sound like a detective but, how do you explain the blood?
Old 09-17-2004, 02:46 PM
Typical Buck

I think I missed something... how could that be a 'great opening day story"... sounds like it pretty much ruined both of your hunting chances that morning. [&:]
Old 09-17-2004, 03:18 PM

I find this disturbing
Old 09-17-2004, 06:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

[:-]
Old 09-17-2004, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

I'm thinking the poop on his face may have been mistaken for blood[][]
Old 09-17-2004, 10:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

great story that happened to your [friend] but i don't see how it relates to a great opening day???????????????????????.

HOW IS YOUR HEAD WHERE YOU WERE BLEEDING FROM ANYWAY
Old 09-17-2004, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK, that was not a great story. That story sucked. I just bought a climber and plan on using it for the first time tomorrow. Thanks a lot.

Here is a pretty good opening hunt story (it starts a lot like yours)

I always hunt the same woods on opener every year too, one year (I think it was 6 years ago), my buddy came with me on opener. I decided to be a nice guy and gave up my honey hole stand. I've had a lot of luck on that stand. Well, I think about 8 or 8:30 he comes walking down the trail toward me, he just looks pissed!!! I said 'did you get one', without saying a word he nocks an arrow and starts to draw. he's just pissed!!!!! I'm thinking what the hell is going on???? As he starts to draw the string snaps back like he hit the trigger while drawing (his release needed some serious adjustment). Then he looks up at me with a disgusted look. He proceeds to tell me that two nice bucks walked within ten yards of him. He started to draw on the 8pt and the arrow went about ten feet and hit a stump and scared the two deer away.

He ended up not getting a deer all year. he is so frustrated about that to this day! he just brings it up out of the blue, it's pretty funny.

That night he went to some land by his house and missed a nice fat doe at about 4 yards on the ground in a bean field. hehe!!!

Another year on opener I was walking towards him and I kicked up 2 does and he missed one. I love it though. Normally the guy can't miss if he tries.

I hope that is better then the bloody guy who pooped his pants....