Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who as actually taken a deer with a bow? >

Who as actually taken a deer with a bow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who as actually taken a deer with a bow?

Old 09-17-2004, 01:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Who as actually taken a deer with a bow?

Yeah, I'm sorry to say but I think your theory has a few holes in it...most guys on here have killed deer with their bow. I killed a lot early but now really am selective and hold out for hawg bucks and mature does.
Old 09-17-2004, 02:06 PM

Four deer,10 or so wild pigs,lots of rabbits,squirrellsand even some geese,yes some of the geese were actually flying.My best deer was taken with my bow,he was a main frame 8 with junk sticking off of it.He scored around 150 unofficially.
Old 09-17-2004, 02:26 PM
Typical Buck

Suprisingly, I grew up in an anti-bowhunting household. The only reason I picked up a bow was to compete. I tinkered with archery back in high school, but only hunted with guns. My father had the preconceived notion that bow hunters were bad people.

It wasn't until I married that I took another look at archery. A hunting friend asked me why I never bowhunted. I told him what most other "gun only" hunters would say... it wasn't ethical. He and I shot target archery together in the early 1980's and asked that if he proved me wrong, would I hunt with the bow. I skeptically said sure.

He placed two stands and I met him for a morning bow hunt. I didn't expect to see what I was about to see 30 minutes later. He had patterned deer movement on that ridge and arrowed a mature doe that walked only 15 yards before she expired. She didn't even act as if she'd been shot. Imagine what a gun only hunter thought seeing that!

I've been hunting with the bow since and have harvested a good number of whitetails, both bucks and does with archery gear. I've smoked countless with the gun, but none of them equal the satisfaction of the arrow. My best buck is a bow buck and I've never felt bad filling both PA tags this way. Personally, my guns stay in the cabinet unless I feel the need to make noise at the range. Good hunting.
Old 09-17-2004, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm averaging 2 a year in my 8 years of bowhunting.
Old 09-17-2004, 03:02 PM

I have taken 25 - 30 deer with my bow but only 1 Pope & Young so far .and that deer was taken last year .
Old 09-17-2004, 03:16 PM

This is my first season, and no kills yet.
Old 09-17-2004, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

Been bowhunting since 1977, and have shot several whitetail bucks and does, a few squirrels and rabbits, but have not kept track of the total.
Old 09-17-2004, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Killed my first buck with a bow in 1974.

Since then probably 100 big game bowkills, mostly whitetails.
Old 09-17-2004, 04:24 PM

I've taken one buck last year(second year bowhunting), and will make it two tommorow on opening day!
Old 09-17-2004, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

Personally I switched from rifle hunting to archery not only because it is a whole different kind of challenge, but also because after hunting archery, and getting so extremely close not only to deer, but many other animals, there is no comparison. After my first deer with a bow back in 92. I was hooked.

Quick Reply: Who as actually taken a deer with a bow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.