Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who as actually taken a deer with a bow? >

Who as actually taken a deer with a bow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who as actually taken a deer with a bow?

Old 09-17-2004, 04:51 PM

Default RE: Who as actually taken a deer with a bow?

Have gotten 5 bucks and a couple of doe's, biggest being an 11 pointer
Old 09-17-2004, 05:55 PM

This is my second yea of hunting with bow and rifle. My first hunt last year was with a bow and shot a deer. It seemed like it was all perfect. I found my bloody arrow and a great blood trail. But no deer. I missed about 2-3 buck with my rifle because im still just so shacky
Old 09-17-2004, 05:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bow hunted for years, mainly stalking, come close but didn't get my first till I sat in a treestand, been sittin ever since.
Old 09-17-2004, 06:50 PM

I have, several times. I think you will find out that most people who have hunted with a bow have been successful. They seem to be a little more hardcore.
Old 09-17-2004, 06:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Got my first bowkill last season!
Old 09-17-2004, 06:54 PM

This may be THE worst place on Earth to test that theory.....
LOL!! You can say that again.

Here's my theory on that...

You ask the question on a forum called Hunting.net
People that frequent this forum, for the most part, aren't your average hunting Joes.

Many on here are passionate and damned near obsessed with bowhunting (I'm one of them) andthe most readily accessed big game is the whitetail for most of us here. Many folks on here are on here ALL YEAR LONG! Talking about hunting and gear and scouting and everything that you can think to talk about while waiting for THE SEASON to open again.

Ask on another forum...maybe you'll get a different response but these guys kill stuff. A lot of stuff.

Oh yeah...I've taken a few as well
Old 09-17-2004, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

1 pope and young mule deer, 1 pope and young whitetail, and several others! plus a few coyotes, turkey, priairie dogs, turtle dove, and one antelope!
Old 09-17-2004, 07:37 PM
Typical Buck

I just started last year & I got 3 does. Stuck a buck too but lost that one. [:'(] Sucks, almost quit bowhunting. But chit happens, life goes on. I let a few does walk Wed on opening day as they were both small & I was thinking I'd see something bigger. Well the bigger one busted me. I wasnt sure because they didnt spook, just wandered away. Then yesterday & today too they come over a rise where they can look if I'm there & then just turn & leave.
I wasnt gonna go there today but did anyway. I think I'll go back next Wed & go up a different tree with the climber & try taking her out. It worked for me last year. I got busted & the next afternoon I climbed a different tree, leaving the other stand up too & when she came thru she was lookin at that stand so hard I think I coulda tripped her.

Sorry for the ramble.
Old 09-17-2004, 08:07 PM
Typical Buck

I have shot a deer with a bow the last 6 years.
Old 09-17-2004, 08:34 PM

I hunt with Davidmil and he, my son and I shoot a LOT deer each year. As a matter of fact, Dave's been sloughing a lot on his responsibilities for shooting deer lately.

My son is 13 and he has taken several a year with a bow for the past 2 years. I can't begin to count the number that Dave has taken.

I've taken over 20/year for the past two years. Beyond that it was at least 10/year for many years. I've also taken hogs, rabbits, groundhogs, geese and bear with a bow.

I could have taken a lot more in the past few years, but I really get tired of gutting and dragging. Most of my deer kills go to needy families. Nothing gets wasted.

Asking this crowd if they've "actually taken a deer with a bow?" kind of funny. Those who haven't will probably soon be successful due to the extensive advice they get from those who have.

Good luck to all.

Quick Reply: Who as actually taken a deer with a bow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.