Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How old is your hunting bow? >

How old is your hunting bow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How old is your hunting bow?

Old 09-16-2004, 09:03 PM

Default How old is your hunting bow?

It seems alot of bow hunters that are deep into the sport, buy the best newest bow each year. I wish I could. just got to many other hobbies to do that. Guitar, fishing, Harley. things add up. but if I had to pick one it would be to hunt.

How old is your main Hunting bow?

mine is a 6 or 7 year old golden eagle evolution pro that was purched new. new cables and rest last summer. I still like it. Shoots great.
Old 09-16-2004, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How old is your hunting bow?

This will be the 3 rd season on my BowTech Patriot. Its been a awsome bow! I'm going to see what's new with all the '05 bows and probably get a new one after the season.

good Luck!
Old 09-16-2004, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Best I can tell, I bought mine in 1987. I've hunted a lot every year since with it, and have killed at least one deer, (and in some years 5 or 6) in each season with that same bow. (Except one year) It has killed bears, turkeys, squirrels, grouse, rabbits, groundhogs and even a coon that was sick.

I have no need to buy a new one. I just throw a new 62" fast-flite string on it every year or two, and I'm good to go. I can shoot right along side my buddies with their Mathews...even though my bow is more than twice as big as some of them. LOL

To each his own, but I get attached to equipment and can't bare to let it go.
Old 09-16-2004, 09:10 PM
Fork Horn

This will be my 7th year/season with my Reflex. Hope to buy a new one next spring. It still shoots great, just want to catch up with one of the technological advanced bows offered today.
(if I can afford it)
Old 09-16-2004, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

My Darton Typhoon is around 7-months old. I will have it for a few years before I consider a new bow. My last bow lasted me for 6-years.
Old 09-16-2004, 09:40 PM

My Pro-Line Force II had 9 good season under her belt when I just hung her up. Just bought a Buckmaster BTR Pro 32 to get me kick started this year.
Old 09-16-2004, 09:40 PM

This will be my fourth year with my legacy.
Old 09-16-2004, 10:00 PM
Typical Buck

My PSE Thunderbolt is a 97 model, i bought it early 98 on sale. So ive had it for about 6 years. I plan on getting a new one before next season, with the price of a quality bow these days i will have to save all year.
Old 09-16-2004, 10:07 PM

My XI Velocity Extreme is 6 years old. Last Wednesday my bow string broke[:@][:@][:@] I had just got new carbon arrows and a new rest so I had to re tune the bow and then the string breaks 1 week before my season started. I shot it 125 times Monday and 75 times Wednesday to re tune it. Went hunting today and didn't even see a deer[:@][:@]But I'm glad I'z out thare. It was 70 degrees to hot to hunt but hey when the season opens it doesn't matter what the weather is I'm out there in it.

KK
Old 09-16-2004, 10:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

My Patriot is almost a year old now. I had my PSE for 11yrs before replacing it.

Quick Reply: How old is your hunting bow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.