Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Nuge: Boiler room but no blood on arrow??? >

Nuge: Boiler room but no blood on arrow???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Nuge: Boiler room but no blood on arrow???

Old 09-16-2004, 06:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Nuge: Boiler room but no blood on arrow???

Im watching spirit of the wild at this exact moment, Ted is hunting elephant in africa with a rifle. I have been a fan of Terrible Ted for years, both of his music and his hunting. He is definetly a character. He does do alot for the hunter, love him or hate him you have to respect him for that. I have seen him in concert a few times and he always puts on a great show. Well he just downed his elephant, shot it in the brain and it dropped like a rock, then he shot it once more to make sure it was down.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

Ted owned up to a (bad shot) but claimed and tracked his animal!! I have heard and know some locall hunters that if the deer needs some tracking ... coyote food and that is Bull crap ! Thats what they say. piss poor. So don't harp on Ted, there are many hunters everywhere that needs some (values) help on hunting ethics!
Old 09-16-2004, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

And what does your wives have to do with ( Hunting with Ted ) Do you bring'em everytime you hunt? Just wondering, I would trust my wife! just my opinion.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:49 AM

I DID SEE THAT SHOW AND THOUGHT IT WAS A PERFECT SHOT; I BELIEVE TED CALLED IT A "POCKET ROCKET". I STILL DON' T UNDERSTAND WHAT HAPPENED WITH THAT SHOT
Old 09-17-2004, 04:49 AM
Typical Buck

I don't know how my post turned into some garbage about leaving you wife with Ted and the other non-sense, including what a great guy he is for admitting a bad shot and tracking the deer. That's great, but so what.

My question was, did anyone see the show and can anyone explain how such a perfect looking shot turned out to be so bad? It is still puzzling to me, though the one post that I got addressing my question said something about hitting the brisquet. Maybe that's what happened.

Yes, the term he used was "pocket rocket". He also thought the shot was absolutely perfect. He was so excited about the shot that he almost fell out of the tree.
Old 09-17-2004, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I made some wry (and facetious) sarcastic comments about Ted's character and some took me as serious, I appologize. I was being a little funny, that's all. Some ran away with it.

I then addressed your question with my best guess as to what happened with the shot. I have seen deer shot there, (I did it once with a rifle, yuk!)
Very little bleeding and you get to clean up what the deer was eating right before. The esophagus can be ruptured when you shoot them there.
Old 09-17-2004, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

I saw the show also, but will go against the grain here and say from what I was looking at it was a very good shot. The arrow did not look good, however. I'll just clasify this one as unexplainable.
Old 09-17-2004, 02:57 PM
Typical Buck

livbucks... don't apologize, you didn't call anyone on the forum out... Ted's no stranger to slander, or tweaked jovial intent, and hell, you're entitled to your opinion. Thats mine, so be it. Respect yourself man, and as always, good hunting.
Old 09-17-2004, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the push, Jollyarcher
I wasn't losing sleep over it. Sometimes my fingers type the exact opposite flip side of the reality, just to try to get a rise, and have a little fun. You know....boredom....

Don't shoot 'em in the briskit! Aim for vertical center, behind shoulder. Don't let that foreward stretched leg fool ya!
Old 09-18-2004, 09:51 PM

I have respect for ted he is an ethical hunter IMO

Quick Reply: Nuge: Boiler room but no blood on arrow???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.