Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hi Everyone! New to the forums & bowhunting >

Hi Everyone! New to the forums & bowhunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hi Everyone! New to the forums & bowhunting

Old 09-15-2004, 02:17 PM

Default Hi Everyone! New to the forums & bowhunting

Hi everyone, I just thought I'd say hi and introduce myself since I'm new to these forums. My name is Amy and I'm 17, I'm a taxidermist so I've always been really interested in hunting. I've been hunting smaller game for several years (squirrel, rabbit, and dove) but this is my first year hunting deer. I got a bow only about a month ago and have been practicing alot with it, and went hunting for the first time last saturday. I shot at a 4 pointer that was about 12 yards away, unfortunately I had sighted in my pin at 20 yards and being unexperienced with a bow as I am, I didn't account for having to aim lower so my arrow shot right over the deer. What a bummer but I just hope to do better next time!

Amy Ritchie
Old 09-15-2004, 03:35 PM

Default RE: Hi Everyone! New to the forums & bowhunting

Hello to you too Amy. Im also new to the forums. I checked out your website and I must say that though taxidermy is a little strange for a teenage girl that you are quite good at it and im very impressed. Im glad to hear your taking up bow hunting also, you'll love it. Good luck this season and welcome to the forums.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Very nice web page Welcome to the forums. Enjoy.
Old 09-15-2004, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome aboard Amy. Really enjoyed the web page.
Old 09-15-2004, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to say, I'm very impressed. 17 years old and already a very accomplished taxidermist. Congratulations on all your success thus far. Hopefully you find more if it in the bowhunting field. Better watch out though, you might get addicted to it and not have any time left for taxidermy.
Old 09-15-2004, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the forums amy.Its a great place to be and as a new hunter you will learn lots of valuable information here.
Also that is pretty impressive work for a 17 year old,and only doing it for 3 years to boot,congrats.
I have always wanted to learn taxidermy but never found the time for it.I do my own antlers and friends as well.Did your dad get you into the taxi business or a friend or family member?VERY IMPRESSIVE
Old 09-15-2004, 05:40 PM

welcome to the site amy. i must say im very impressed with your skills i spent a fair amount of time on your site, you do some great work, its nice to see a young lady interested in the art of taxidermy
Old 09-15-2004, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome Amy. If you lived closer I would have to send some business your way. I know my son would love to get one of his squirrel heads done up like the one you have on eBay. I have to admit it is a little odd to see a 17 year old girl doing taxidermy but you do a great job. I like the way your Studio looks. Someday I would like to get that much stuff mounted but I don't think my wife would allow it.

Keep up the great work. I'll be looking for the American Hunter article.
Old 09-15-2004, 06:36 PM

Welcome! Im new to the boards as well! Nice website!
Old 09-15-2004, 06:44 PM
Typical Buck

Intresting to see you here Amy, I found your website last year and thought ,it was nice to see a young lady intrested in Hunting and Taxidermy. I was impressed with your work and desire.Good luck to you Amy, and being in NC your not too far from VA. Maybe I will have you do some work for me sometime in the future.
Welcome to the site! ~ Ben

Quick Reply: Hi Everyone! New to the forums & bowhunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.