Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PSE Bow

Old 09-12-2004, 08:14 AM

Default PSE Bow

I'm thinking about buying the new Primos bow and was wondering if there is a better bow in this $600.00 price range?
Old 09-12-2004, 12:56 PM

Default RE: PSE Bow

Get a pse nova they are good
Old 09-12-2004, 01:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Bobbby

I'm thinking about buying the new Primos bow and was wondering if there is a better bow in this $600.00 price range?
That depends on a lot of things. Do you prefer shorter or longer ATA bows? Is speed important? How important is forgiveness? How long have you been shooting and what are your skills like?

In my opinion, shootability and forgiveness is more important than speed but speed is nice if you can be accurate with it. If you can't be accurate with it, all speed will get you is a quicker miss.

I have shot PSE's for the past 6 years until last week. I bought a Bowtech and I have to say I am a convert. It is a sweet bow. I would recommend to go shoot a few Bowtechs and see what you think. There are a few in your price range. My Blackhawk had a sticker price of $535. The Tomkat is even cheaper and is their most forgiving bow. I think Stevie Wonder could shoot that bow.
Old 09-12-2004, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

PSE has made it's mark in the archery world and they offer some fine bows! The Primos is one of their best in my opinion and if it fits you then you cant go wrong. Try shooting alot of different brands , sizes , models , etc. until you find one that you think fits you best. You'll know when you've found the right one.
Old 09-12-2004, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Bowfanatic. There are alot of bows to choose from in that price range. You definately owe it to yourself to shoot the PSE and other makes/models/brands until you find the one that you think feels best.
Old 09-12-2004, 03:21 PM

Yeah you have to tell us what you plan to do and what you can pull and more
Old 09-13-2004, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

Shoot several in that range then decide. The primos is a great bow though.
Old 09-13-2004, 09:40 AM

I think the Primos is a great bow. I shot one before I bought my Firestorm lite. I like it so much that I set up my Firestorm much like the primos. The NV system literally deadens the bow. It's fast and smooth. Had it been a foot shorter ATA I probably would be shooting a Primos.

I'd shoot a few and see what feels best to you. If you end up with a Primos you've done well.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:58 PM

One PSE that you should look at before you buy one is the New Scorpion. It has the new smooth NRG cam and it shoots great. If I were buying a new bow this would be the one I would buy.:::::
Old 09-13-2004, 08:57 PM

Thanks for the input. I'm new to bow hunting and have never actually went on a archery hunt. I plan on hunting elk in CO and I'm probably going to buy a bow in the 60 to 70lb range. I have shot a few bows PSE's, Browning and Reflex and couldn't tell one from another. hornbow, is it proven that Bowtech bow's are more forgiving or is that your opinion? How much of a difference is there between the PSE and Bowtech when it comes to forgiveness and where's the best place to buy a Bowtech on line?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.