Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I can't believe this... >

I can't believe this...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I can't believe this...

Old 09-11-2004, 09:32 PM

Default RE: I can't believe this...

OK MY TWO CENTS...

i would say that u should buy a new release, but u should practice a little more. my friends dad doesnt touch his bow til the day before season that way nothing can get messed up and for him it has worked. i wouldnt do it tho, PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE is my philosophy
Old 09-11-2004, 10:02 PM

Man, you picked the wrong site to admit you havn't been practicing. You have three days left. Better get a few thousand shots in.
Old 09-11-2004, 10:05 PM
Fork Horn

"Dude where's my release?" Is that your favorite movie? Go Practice or something.
Old 09-11-2004, 10:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now I see what you mean Arthur!
Old 09-12-2004, 04:02 AM

Somebody Get A Rope [8D]
Old 09-12-2004, 06:11 AM

What's all the fuss about? I don't take my practice shots anyway. I let my friend do it, who shoots better than me and can hold still better than me, just to make sure the bow hits where it ought to hit. If it hits where it's supposed to, I ought to be able to hit in the field, shouldn't I?
Old 09-12-2004, 06:29 AM

Holy cow you just opened a HUGE can of worms. You should shoot your bow. Your friend and you shoot totally different. You need to site it in, not your friend. I wonder why he can shoot better than you?
Old 09-12-2004, 06:31 AM
Fork Horn

Even if your equipment is shooting dead on you NEED to condition your muscles to be able to hold steady. I am an automotive machinist, I lift v-8 engine blocks with my hands, diesel heads and flywheels, Stuff like that.
I am not bragging, I am just saying that I am pretty strong and when our 5-6feet of snow clears and I can get to my shooting area, it takes a couple of weeks to get my muscles conditioned to shooting again. I wouldn't dream of throwing an arrow at a deer with fear of flinching or not being able to hold steady because of not enough practice. Man I shoot all summer long, its easy to find time, fun to do, and the least we can do for the game we want to harvest. We owe it to the animals to be as merciful as possible, that means nothing less than perfect shots. To do this one must be in perfect condition and that means lots of practice.
If you start now and are not overbowing yourself you have a chance to condition yourself maybe by the rut, but not by opener.
This is just my opoinion but alot of hunters will agree with me. Please take the time to practice, its fun, challanging, and the right thing to do!!!
Old 09-12-2004, 06:38 AM

But most (or a lot of) gun hunters don't practice all year long, why should bow hunters? They take their guns out, place them on a nice steady rest unlike anything they'll have in the field (more times than not), and fire few shots for 'zero' the weekend before the season. Then they shoot off hand at a running deer. Nobody gives them this type of grief.

You all aren't telling me that gun shooting and hunting is a lot easier than bow hunting are you?
Old 09-12-2004, 07:10 AM

Yep.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.