Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ive got does but no bucks >

Ive got does but no bucks

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ive got does but no bucks

Old 09-10-2004, 04:54 PM

Default Ive got does but no bucks

I got my game cam pics back and a couple nice does and 0 bucks I need suggestions on how to get the bucks to come to my area as well as does and i live in north texas when should i start my mock scrape.
Old 09-10-2004, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ive got does but no bucks

if you keep the does around the bucks will come
Old 09-10-2004, 08:33 PM

zukidude, where are you putting your camera? Atleast where I am, if I pick the trails that don't look much like a trail and are in thick cover I get less pictures but more of them are decent bucks. When I pick trails that look like they are used often, I get a lot more pictures but they are usually does and small bucks. Also, as Bob d mentioned, if you have does the bucks will come.
Old 09-11-2004, 08:58 PM

i put the cam on the trail in front of my feeder to get everything that comes to the feeder
Old 09-11-2004, 09:16 PM
Typical Buck

How long did you have it out? Was that two days worth of deer or a months? Patience may do the trick, and if you have a feeder I am sure the bucks will find it.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:06 AM

it was out 6 days
Old 09-13-2004, 11:25 AM

I don't think 6 days was long enough to be able to photo bucks in your area all depending on your buck-doe ratio. Maybe it's the doe you need to start whacking.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:28 AM

ORIGINAL: zukidude

I got my game cam pics back and a couple nice does and 0 bucks

Sounds like the story of my life. I don't have many bucks around me. Most of them get poached.[&:]
Old 09-13-2004, 12:55 PM

I may just be that a weary buck might not like feeders. Bucks are elusive creatures and may just steer away from an obvious human presence especially if they have a good food source already. Have you tried minerals to draw bucks. I'd suggest starting a mineral lick in heavy cover and see if you can't get buck on that site. If your feeder is out in the open that might also be why. Bucks like thick cover with good exits.

Good luck
Old 09-13-2004, 05:20 PM

You can buy things to sent you with a buck smell or a good caller thing that uses noise to get one. Also, just keep the does there, the bucks will come.

Quick Reply: Ive got does but no bucks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.