Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Sweat!  Hot weather hunting tips? >

Sweat! Hot weather hunting tips?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sweat! Hot weather hunting tips?

Old 09-07-2004, 07:54 PM
Spike

Default Sweat! Hot weather hunting tips?

October can be warm here. I sweat like a pig getting to my tree and up with my climber. How do you guys dress, and/or tricks for dealing with the heat and sweating?

thanks,
Dayton
Old 09-07-2004, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sweat! Hot weather hunting tips?

i wear a wife beater on the way in, if that,lol.....then when i get to my stand i change.....i freeze the water in my backpack and it stays cold all day and it's cool against your back....you can try those freezy packs too....i pick shady, dark areas to hunt , like creek beds....know where the sun will be, i make a roof out of palm fronds too, helps shade......i'm bringin' one of those battery operated fans this year, i have one that doesnt make a humming noise, woooohooooooooo, i cant wait, lol.....oh and i forgot........scentaway towelettes tohelp the stink down when the sweat starts,lol......it works
Old 09-07-2004, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm lucky and naturally don't sweat a whole lot. [8D] I do combat the temp differences by wearing thinner clothes early in October. Just some thin bibs and a long sleeve camo shirt..coupled with a face mask and a visor. I stay pretty cool.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

very light t-shirt for the walk in, I go very slow on my climb up, sometimes a minute before each move, I then change my shirt once im up in the tree, and most importantly a camo visor as opposed to a hat, lets my head breathe!!!
Old 09-07-2004, 08:34 PM
Typical Buck

I pretty much just take it nice and easy, so as not to work up a sweat.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mammasboy

I pretty much just take it nice and easy, so as not to work up a sweat.
Same here. I also tend to hunt more mornings on warm days so that I can get to my stand before the sun rises and starts heating things up. Last year I picked up an ASAT 3D leafy suit which is a mesh material which helps let heat out.
Old 09-08-2004, 06:56 AM

I heard ........
If you drink a bottle of deer scent an hour or so before you hunt, then when you sweat thats what it will smell like.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:32 AM

I sweat like a pig so I have to really plan out the hot days. Mornings aren't so bad, it's the afternoons that get me. I have a very thin bug suit that is several years old. I don't even remember the brand. I generally wear a thin cotton t-shirt and camo shorts to the stand. I move very slow and easy. Once I am up, I change my shirt and put on the bug suit and face mask. I carry bottled water, scent killer towelettes and a wash cloth in a zip lock bag. I always try to hunt in shady areas, creek bottoms and such. The problem is you may give up just a little breeze to get into the shade. It's not so much the heat as the humidity!
Old 09-08-2004, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

With our Sept. 15th opener, the heat can really get unbearable. I don't have the ability to wear shorts to my stand 'cause I go through some really thick areas that won't allow me that advantage. I try to hunt areas with a thick canopy and stay in the shade. Having an afternoon sun shining on you on a hot day in September will make you think about cashing it in for the day. Look for deep shade.
Old 09-08-2004, 02:40 PM
Typical Buck

What do you all do with your stuff you take off if you worried about smell? Give it to you dog and have him run it home?

Quick Reply: Sweat! Hot weather hunting tips?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.