Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Need some advice. >

Need some advice.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need some advice.

Old 09-07-2004, 03:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default Need some advice.

I have an hour drive to my hunting spot. I hnt there every chance I get. I drive a v-8 4x4 and it kills me on gas. I am going to start driving my wife's car every now and then. If I kill a deer, what can I put down in the trunk so I won't get blood all over the trunk. Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks
Old 09-07-2004, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need some advice.

The only thing i can think of would be a tarp! or if your wife has a hitch on her car maby one of those carrying racks that slips into the hitch itself other than that i have no idea[&:]
Old 09-07-2004, 03:19 PM
kec

Try Cabelas or Bass Pro. They used to sell a "body Bag" for Deer for your specific purpose.

KEC
Old 09-07-2004, 03:22 PM
Fork Horn

duct tape that thing to your wifes hood.. thats the whole fun of hunting when you only got a car!
nah just kidding (although i have had to do that) get yourself a nice tarp and wrap the deer up. check local laws as i think in Illinois when trasnporting the animal 15-25% of teh deer must be showing! im not so sure of that any more, i need to check that law in my state as well.
Old 09-07-2004, 03:43 PM
Typical Buck

I've used a tarp in the back of a Jimmy and it worked well. It's gotta be a big tarp so that there's plenty of extra buildup along the edges to create a lip. This lip prevents the blood from spilling out of course.
Old 09-07-2004, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

JMO but wouldn't it be cheaper to burn the gas and use the truck for what you got it for then to spend money (and time cleaning) on something to keep the car clean. I also have a v8 pickup and it is hard on gas but hunting is what I got it for. Is there a chance you could car pool with the wife during the week to leave the truck at home? Maybe use her car when you go out to the store (cabelas, gander mountain, ect.). I know gas is expensive but sometimes spending money to save may not be the answer. Saving $5 on gas round trip only to get the wife mad about the mess might be a bad idea.

Also the tarps I have used do leak sometimes. You might be able to use extra heavy garbage bags if you can find them big enough. Good luck with it.
Old 09-07-2004, 03:48 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks all
Old 09-07-2004, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you know anyone that works in a hospital ask them to get you a cadaver bag. They are heavy duty plastic with a long zipper that runs the entire length of them. They are plenty big enough for a deer and fold up nicely. Tell them you don't need the toe tags.....Dabow
Old 09-07-2004, 03:57 PM
Fork Horn

My wife works at a hospital. They would say she was crazy if she asked them for one. Probably as if she was going to kill someone.
Old 09-09-2004, 01:28 PM
kec

a company by the name of BuckWing Products Inc. make what they call "Tag'em & Bag'em" game (deer) transport bag. Their Web Address according to the box is www.buckwing.com, their email was [email protected], and they were located in Allentown, PA. Don't know if they are still in business or not. Good Luck

Quick Reply: Need some advice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.