Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

When to hunt

Old 09-06-2004, 08:20 PM

Default When to hunt

I will be going deer hunting from October to the end of January. I have another season clash with these seasons. When is the best time to hunt deer during this time? As always, bowhunting is the first choice.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: When to hunt

Anytime you can get in the woods is a great time.....if I had only one week to pic, it would be towards the end of Oct, the first two weeks in November.....of course our season closes the end of the second week of Nov......that's usually Pre rut in to peak rut for PA.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Like Rob.......I wish it could stay November all year long.
I also tend to really enjoy the first few days of the season as well.......catch one with the summer feedbag still on. You can also get lucky and hit a bachelor group still buddy buddy from the summer.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

By the way, has anyone ever heard the ol' saying that you should make a wish if you ever look at the time and it's 11:11?
Take a look at the time I posted my first reply to this topic........hope you boys really like November.[:-]
Old 09-06-2004, 10:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

i didn't really understand waht you meant by the clash of seasons, but i love the first week of bow season, because the animals have not been disturbed, then i like the rut. i only wish the rut here was not in the middle of gun season. i love my trips to canada during the rut with no gun hunters. don't get me wrong i hunt with bow, m/l and rifle, but i get the most enjoyment in bow hunting, anybody can kill em with a rifle........