Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

One eye or two?

Old 09-05-2004, 05:00 PM

Default One eye or two?

I just got doe shooting and after my 3rd round of shots i decided to try it with both eyes open.I think my grouping was a little better then when I was shooting with one eye closed.What does everyone else prefer.
Old 09-05-2004, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: One eye or two?

I always shoot with both eyes open. It allows better field of view for me. Just trained myself to do it from the beginning and now wouldn't shoot any other way.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've always closed one eye when shooting my bow just as I do when shooting a gun. I tried shooting my bow with both eyes open and completely missed the target. I feel that I can focus on my aim point better with one eye closed.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:10 PM
Fork Horn

yea ive always shot with both eyes it is just habit for me i never only shot with one eye , like wideone said it gives me a better field of view
Old 09-05-2004, 08:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

A good shooting coach will convince you to shoot with both eyes open regardless if your shooting bow, rifle, shotgun or handgun.

What I do is shoot with both eyes open however my left eye(right eye dominante shooter) floats. What I mean is, my left eye is partial open as to allow light, vision but not take over dominance.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:16 PM

one for me , no choice in the matter i only have one :P
Old 09-05-2004, 08:27 PM

I was taught to keep both open to keep a moving target in view. it also helps to judge distance with both open. try driving your car with one shut, you'll see what I mean.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:43 PM

i can shoot my bow both ways, i usually dont know which way i am shooting. either way im accurate. i cant do it with my gun tho except for my 410
Old 09-05-2004, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot with both open. Just seems more natural to me.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I can't seem to shoot with both eyes open. I am a lefty and lefty eye dominant. Even as a kid, I always shot an old Marlin .22 with just my left eye open. With my PSE bow and peep sight, I do the same and shoot with my left eye open. I tried {once} shooting with both eyes open and all sorts of bizarre freaky things happend! [][&:]

Butch A.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.