Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Possible state archery record. >

Possible state archery record.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Possible state archery record.

Old 09-03-2004, 07:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Possible state archery record.

Sure have....in the Cabelas Deer Display.

No, seriously, I have only really ever seen a few big bucks while hunting and none of them would come close to the state record bow buck.

Maybe this year though.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:54 AM

yes i to saw a bruiser last season i was trying to see where these set of huge track i seen in the snow were going to i tracked him for probally 300 yards from where my stand was...go figure...and i got within 50 yards of him and he was bedded down in a weed field all i could see was a huge set of antlers as he jumped up looked at me and ran off thought i was gonna be sick another guy that hunted the same property said he seen the same deer and lost count at 15 points before he disappeared.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have seen one that will smoke the state archery record but I wasn't on my stand at the time. I watched the deer leisurely follow a doe across the road right in front of me. That buck would scare the he!! out of 200 typical. My dad is 65 and spent years pheasant hunting in Kansas and the Dakota's and it was the biggest deer that he has ever seen also.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Silent, did you ever get to hunt him or was he located somewhere where you couldn't get access too?
Old 09-03-2004, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've seen some that would be as big as the state-record typicals(frame and point-wise), but highly doubt they would score as good. Except for one. Most i've seen might gross score that high but not net. The state records are usually always the record because they are not always the biggest, but have the least deductions.

For example, I've seen the KS 1&2 state record archery typical bucks, and at a distance compared to another that a local here killed, at first glance the records will look smaller. But there ended up being about 15" difference because of deductions
Old 09-03-2004, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

bearklr,

Yes and no. I tried very hard to get permission for the property that I saw him on and the surrounding properties for several years, but was unsuccessful. I did hunt about a mile from where I saw him and he was seen on that property twice. As a matter of fact my best friend that I grew up with and learned to bowhunt with had him at 15 yards off of one of my stands and never got a shot at him. I never was fortunate enough to see him off of my stand. We never saw that deer again and rumor has it that he was killed by a spotlighter[:'(][:@]
Old 09-03-2004, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's sad but that seems like it always ends that way. We had another bruiser around here a few years back and he was poached as well.[:@]
Old 09-03-2004, 08:38 PM

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

last muzzeloader season i had a chance at what i knew would beat the VA state recod buck eazy (188 and some change). a 12 point typical with somware between a 24 and 27 inch inside spread at 30 yards and when i pulled the triger on my 50cal. knight muzzeloader it sad bap. needless to say the only reason i dident break it into was because i had just put a new $400 scope on it. but i did order a new muzzeloader from cabelas that night a CVA optima and had it rushed here.

His sheds scored 166 without the spread added
Old 09-04-2004, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

bearlr,
I think you should give up on the big boys, and shoot the first 4 pt you see!! In fact I will try and "push" some your way on Nov. 5th, that way you will have a real nice 4pt to enter in the contest!!!!

seriously though, I hope you get a shot at that big bruiser, good luck!!!!
Old 09-05-2004, 10:51 PM
Spike

There is a LUCKY 13 camp in Potter county where I live. Is that you guys? I've met a few of you if it is. I've had a chance to hunt a few buck that I know would beat the Potter County record, i'm not sure if they would break the state record bow kill or not. The one I was hunting 2 years ago ended up being a 10 pt with 24 3/4 inch spread. Tines were all extremely long. Everything about this buck was perfect and huge. He was killed in rifle season. There is a group of guys in the 1000 yard club that hunt here and shoot from mountain to mountain. This guy shot him at something like 985 yards. Where's the sport in that?

Quick Reply: Possible state archery record.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.