Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Summit Viper Owners? >

Summit Viper Owners?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Summit Viper Owners?

Old 09-01-2004, 07:39 AM

Default Summit Viper Owners?

OK guys, I'm looking at the Viper and the Cobra treestands. The problem with alignment of the flip-up bar on the Cobra has me a little concerned, so I wanted ask you Viper owners about the permanent bar on it. Does it ever get in the way of your draw and shot if you have to remain seated? I can see if you're stand that it shouldn't be a problem, but what about seated shots?

I may be traveling to Cabela's in Kansas City this weekend and need to know which one to pull the trigger on.

Thanks.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:56 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Summit Viper Owners?

I've got the new Viper and owned the older Viper. The seat provides enough adjustability to allow you to set up the stand without the bar being a problem. While it could get in the way, it won't if you learn to adjust the seat straps and position the upper and lower portions of the stand properly.

Additionally, the front bar has allowed me to catch naps comfortably 30 feet up and extended my hunting day. The sense of security with that bar in front is really nice.

Come rifle season, it makes a heck on a bench-rest too.

Just my two cents.

Fritz
Old 09-01-2004, 05:11 PM

I have the Viper w/o the bar, and love it personally
Old 09-01-2004, 10:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another vote for the Viper stand for the very same security reasons.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:43 PM
Typical Buck

I've got the viper and I think the bar is one of the best parts. It really takes a lot of the work, and stinking sweat, out of getting up a tree.

It can be adjusted quite a bit in how you set it up on the tree and it can be adjusted while in the tree. It's never been a problem for me with my bow but I don't remember ever shooting sitting down.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:27 AM

I've been using the Vipers since the first one that was made out of steel,it was 28lbs.I'm now on my 3rd Viper,the X4.These stands are secound to none.The Viper with the bar is no problem for me (bowhunting),with sitting or standing shots.Needles to say,the bar in the frount is great for gun hunting...Bob
Old 09-02-2004, 08:12 AM

The adjustability of the seat make this a great stand for both bow and rifle. And I agree with several of y'all, I like the secure feeling of the bar.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:16 AM

Well, with these testimonials and the continued problems that some are experiencing with the Cobra flip up bar, I think I'm gonna spend the extra $10 and go with the Viper. I'll adjust to the bar and the security feature is also nice, since I am not as young as I used to be and probably don't bounce as well anymore, either.

Thanks guys.

-Brad
Old 09-02-2004, 08:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have a Revolution that can be configured to resemble the Cobra stand. I think it works quite nicely but I am wondering if I should pick up a Viper as well. I prefer to always have a back-up and since I just sold my API I am going to be in the market for one. I have yet to see a negative comment on the Viper....bar or not.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

My one and only complaint with Summit stands in not the front bar, but the two downward angled side bars. They just seem way too high for me. I had a Viper last year and I felt like I was hunting out of a bird cage in it. Comfy YES!, but those two side bars really irritated me enough to get rid of the stand.

Quick Reply: Summit Viper Owners?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.