Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 To Pee or Not to Pee >

To Pee or Not to Pee

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

To Pee or Not to Pee

Old 09-01-2004, 08:29 PM

Default RE: To Pee or Not to Pee

True story.....two years ago on a cold thanksgiving day, my 12 year old daughter and I were walking towards a spot I had picked out for our 4 day doe season. All of a sudden the call of nature came and I could walk no farther. I told my daughter to continue to the spot we had picked so I could relieve myself which I did on a nice little pine sapling. About an hour after we had settled, a nice big boddied doe walked out at that very same tree I had releived myself on. She was about 50 yards away and my daughter lowered her .243 and dropped the doe for her first kill. We harvested 2 does each that day in that same area.

My belief is that it does not make a difference. I have read about it several times and the deer cannot tell a difference between human urin or animal urin.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:42 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Trex

I have contained it and I have just whizzed over the edge and have never been able to ascertain whether it has any direct effect on the deer.
I think you answered your own question.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I pee out of my stand and i Buck scrapes. Been doing it for years. I even took a few #2's from my stand. That does however have a effect on deer[:'(]
Old 09-02-2004, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I even took a few #2's from my stand.
I would NOT want to walk up on you doing this....
What do you do, hang your tail over the edge? That is too extreme for me. I would have to get down for sure, yep.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:40 AM

Trex

From the research I have done it seems human urine does not have any pheromons and deer can't tell if its from predator or prey. I my experience deer just sniff and go about their business. On occasion they may even go out of their way to take a sniff......might even work in you favor.

Good Luck this year
Old 09-02-2004, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I say pee. It doesn't seem to bother them one bit. Its especially fun when there is snow on the ground and you can try to write your name from 20ft up a tree. Thats a challenge!
Old 09-02-2004, 08:05 AM

mossy...I dip in the stand also, great way to stay awake. I have seen the same thing you have. I have actually had deer on several different occasions sniff around were I spit. I dip Kodiak Wintergreen. I am not sure what the deal is but it doesn't seem to bother them.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've never had deer react adversly to urine or my Skoal Straight spit. I'v had deer come right up to the bottom of the tree and sniff both, but never spook.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:55 AM
Fork Horn

Y'all have to soooooo easy
Old 09-02-2004, 08:59 AM
Fork Horn

I experimented with this idea last year. Peeing in scrapes only made bucks mad. One scrape was doubled in size the next day. Urine is urine for the most part. If you don't think so, pee in the yard and turn a dog loose. He will pee in the same spot to mark turf ,he can't distinguish the difference. Human scent on trees & ground from boots make him more skittish than pee. I am going to keep experinmenting this year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.