Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New guy

Old 08-31-2004, 10:23 AM

Default New guy

Since I'm new I'd like to introduce myself. I currently live on Eastern Long Island. Haven't hunted here yet. Just got here last Dec. Does anyone out there currently hunt on Eastern Long Island? From what I've heard from the local bow shop it can be pretty good. If anyone can help me out with some hunting areas I would appreciate it. Good hunting everyone and thanks for having me on a great forum. Lots of good info here!
Old 08-31-2004, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New guy

Welcome to the forum!!!
Old 08-31-2004, 10:36 AM

I'm no help with the local hot spots as I live in Maine but I'd like to welcome you to the forum. Where about on the island are you from.(I have family in Lynnbrook)
Old 08-31-2004, 10:43 AM

Adams:
I live in Westhampton Beach. I lived in South Portland Maine for seven years. I had some pretty good hunting spots up that way. Shot several nice bucks before I left. Plan on retiring and settling down up there in the next ten years. Thanks for the reply.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hi, Coastieboy. Welcome aboard!
Old 08-31-2004, 11:04 AM

Hey Coastieboy,

Welcome aboard. This is a great site to visit. Anyway, I'm originally from Long Island, but West Islip. I have heard some people talk on this board about hunting on LI, but I have never done it. Only in PA, in the Poconos, not far from where I live now.

Anyway, there are a ton of deer over by the beaches. Robert Mosses is full of them. They even have a sign their telling how many deer are hit by cars each year.

Sorry I can't be of any more help. I do know guys that live on LI but hunt ether upstate NY or PA.

Tom
Old 08-31-2004, 11:08 AM

Coastieboy,

I use to work in a Bank that had an office in Westhampton Beach. I believe it is now called North Fork Bank. Anyway, I always enjoyed the St. Patricks Day parade there. Lots of free food and beer. The bars were hoping. Not sure any deer were watching though....

Tom
Old 08-31-2004, 02:31 PM

Welcome aboard and good luck in this years hunting season!