Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bows becoming too high $ to buy... >

Bows becoming too high $ to buy...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bows becoming too high $ to buy...

Old 08-30-2004, 12:41 PM

Default Bows becoming too high $ to buy...

I love the sport of bowhunting, but with the sight of prices on new bows, it almost scares the seasoned archer away. I bought all of my arrows, tips, accessories, and bow for as much as the price of 1 new BowTech! Certainly that piece of metal doesn't cost them that much!!!
Old 08-30-2004, 12:51 PM

Default RE: Bows becoming too high $ to buy...

You can spend a fortune on a new bow if you want to. Not to set a fire here but matthews and bowtech are expensive bows. Thery are very nice bows but are pricey. I've shot PSE bows for years and have always had great luck. They do have some pricey high end models but I got my firestorm lite for $300.00. I think that's a pretty good price but my point is you don't need a 600$ bare bow to be a good shot or successful hunter.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:52 PM

I HERE YOU VERY EXSPENSIVE SPORT WERE IN SEEMS EVERY YEAR THE PRICES GO UP.. THEN ACESS. THEY NICKEL AND DIME US TO DEATH. I THINK IT HAS ALOT TO DO WITH THE NAME BRAND . I AGREE NO PIECE OF METAL CAN COST THAT MUCH$$$$$
Old 08-30-2004, 01:09 PM

They have to re-coup the R&D, pro-staffers, overhead, employees, rent, etc.

We keep paying, they will keep raising. That's the beauty of a capitalist society. You've got to love it!!!
Old 08-30-2004, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Actually, when you look at it, you don't really need to spend big $$$ for bowhunting. You can be just as successful with 10yr old equipment as you can with todays state of the art stuff.

Just as Double Creek mentioned we keep paying, they keep raising. It's not just limited to bowhunting. If you want the latest and greatest stereo system, super crisp plasma screen TV, fastest sports car, massive SUV, etc. You're going to take a hit in the wallet.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:52 PM

I spent $20 bucks on a garage sale bow, took it to the archery shop to get restrung, checked out. Then put a rest and sight on it. Plus a release and 6 new arrows. Even then it cost me $200 bucks to get ready. Well worth the investment, but I cannot imagine spending $500 for a bow. My gun cost me $300 plus $150 for the scope. Expensive hobby. But if I had the money I would probably spend it. I really don't see any reason to upgrade bows every year though. Seems to me if it shoots right and you can use it, that should be it. We don't trade in our wives every couple of years for the newer model. Although we might want to..
Just my observations...
Old 08-30-2004, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gjpwisconsin

We don't trade in our wives every couple of years for the newer model.
Now we're talkin'!
Old 08-30-2004, 02:05 PM
Fork Horn

You think trading to a new bow is expensive, compared to the price of a new wife a new bow is free.[8D]
Old 08-30-2004, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

We don't trade in our wives every couple of years for the newer model. Although we might want to..
I take it from your post that you are single or your wife does not know how to operate a computer?
Old 08-30-2004, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

We don't trade in our wives every couple of years for the newer model. Although we might want to..
LOL.
Lucky for me my wife doesn't trade in her husband.

I know what you mean about the bow but I look at it this way. I shoot my deer rifle 3 maybe 4 shots to confirm it is on. To do this I have to drive to the range. Then I shoot one shot at a deer and put it away until next year. Gun and scope cost me about $700. My bow have have been shooting about 4 times a week about 40 shots a session since I bought it in May. Lately more then that. For the money I get way more from the bow then I ever will from my gun. I don't like paying high prices anymore then the next guy but I think you get more for your money with a bow. JMO.

Quick Reply: Bows becoming too high $ to buy...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.