Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Summit Cobra X-4 heads up- UPDATE! >

Summit Cobra X-4 heads up- UPDATE!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Summit Cobra X-4 heads up- UPDATE!

Old 08-29-2004, 01:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Summit Cobra X-4 heads up- UPDATE!

I recently purchased a Summit Cobra X-4 climbing treestand from Bass-proshops.
When I began to assemble it I noticed the flip over climbing bar wasn't mating with it's stops properly. I spent the next 30-45 minutes trying my best to "make" it work to no avail.
A call to Summit was placed (on my dime[:@][:'(]) and I was quickly told " we'll have to send you another top section". It seems some of the top sections left the factory not mating properly with the sit on climbing bar. The two just don't add up.

So if you bought one and decided to just live with the climbing bar not adding up with the stops, give them a call (on your dime[&o], no 1-800#er?) and they will make it right.

Good huntin' to ya!
Old 08-29-2004, 09:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Summit Cobra X-4 heads up

Another sign of a great company that aim's to please it's customers.

nubo
Old 08-29-2004, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Post your findings of the stand once you get to test it out.

I use the cobra xls but it is last years modle. The X4 looks to be more comfy with the foot rest and the sit down stand up climbing, but with still having an open front.
Old 08-29-2004, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Will do. I can say right now that a LARGE man isn't going to like the flip up option very well. I'm 5'9" 170# and had to bend over sideways (while sitting) in order to get the bar up over my head.
I was hoping I could use the stand with the bar in the up or down position. But in the down position it is too close to the seat and hits the leg below the knee before you can fully sit down.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:28 AM

Dave, I put mine together this weekend and noticed the same thing. I was just gonna live with it but maybe I'll give them a call.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:27 AM

I just re-read your post, do you mean they send you a whole new upper portion of the stand?
Old 08-30-2004, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey fella's.....u can email will woller @[email protected] and he can assist you as he did me, hope this helps. Summit is a great stand, and has great customer service.
Old 08-30-2004, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Solax, I asked why not just send a shorter bar? and was told I will be receiving both a new bar and upper section. They wil provide a fed-ex bag with the return shipping pre-paid for the top section I have.

Glad I could help someone out w/ this. If they would have preassembled these things at the factory this would never have occurred.

I would call them. Using it with one side or the other not adding up is only going to cause an extra "pling" noise in the deer woods when you go to rotate the bar out of the way, due to the bind placed on the side that actually came close to being right.
And the stress from the bar sitting on the edge of the brackets could weaken them in time. Having one of those break 20' up would be a bad deal.

Turkey fan. thanks for the e-mail, but so far it doesn't look like I'll need it. I just hope the top doesn't take to long to get here. And when it does I'm crossing my fingers that it's correct this time.[&:]
Old 08-30-2004, 06:14 PM

AHHHH!!!! Wish I saw this a couple days ago,,, bought one at cabelas yesterday,, brought home and assembled. SAME THING!

Hope theyll send to Canada!
Old 08-31-2004, 07:32 AM

I e-mailed them yesterday from their web-site, had a response with in 2 hours and they said the same thing, that they'd send a whole top section. I had a few questions and they answered them right away.

I have to admit when I was putting this together I was getting really pissed thinking I got some shoddy equipment. Now I'm pretty impressed with how they're handling the situation.

Thanks again for the heads up Dave!

Quick Reply: Summit Cobra X-4 heads up- UPDATE!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.