Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Wisker Biscuit Tuning Question >

Wisker Biscuit Tuning Question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wisker Biscuit Tuning Question

Old 08-27-2004, 09:56 AM

Default Wisker Biscuit Tuning Question

I just put on a wisker b. yesterday. I shot from 10 yards and hit right on. Moved back to 20 yards and the arrow went a half foot to the right. At 30 yards it hit the deer in the arse (literaly). What do I need to do to fix this?
Also, are wisker b's usually loud during draw back?

Thanks,

Chuck
Old 08-27-2004, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wisker Biscuit Tuning Question

Sounds like the rest isn't centered.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:23 AM

Oke,
How do I center it?
Old 08-27-2004, 10:39 AM

I had the same problem when i first put my WB on a couple of weeks ago. First of all, I paper tuned the rest as best as i could. Then I shot right on at 20, but was shooting about a foot left at 40. I moved my rest a little to the right and kept playing with it until I was shooting the same at 20 and 40. this will take some trial and error. You don't necessarily have to be hitting where your aiming, as long as your hitting the same distance off at both 20 and 40. Then you can adjust your sights accordingly.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:42 AM

Stalker22,

You should grouptune to set the windage for the rest. Differences in draw weight and arrow spine will effect where the position of the rest will be.

The rest will need to be shot a bit to wear in. I have noticed that shooting dusty, dirty, blunt-tipped arrows after a rain seems to expedite the breaking in period.

I usually set the bow at an even tiller, then set the nocking point so the arrow is at 90degrees to the bowstring. If your bow has a higher nocking point it may be that you are forcing the arrow down against the rest when your release gets pinched under the arrow nock as you draw.

If you really want a quiet draw shoot with a release loop on the string, you will eliminate any string pinch and you will probably be more accurate too.

Good luck hunting!
Don't forget to vote!
Old 08-27-2004, 12:23 PM

ORIGINAL: CC in WestV

I had the same problem when i first put my WB on a couple of weeks ago. First of all, I paper tuned the rest as best as i could. Then I shot right on at 20, but was shooting about a foot left at 40. I moved my rest a little to the right and kept playing with it until I was shooting the same at 20 and 40. this will take some trial and error. You don't necessarily have to be hitting where your aiming, as long as your hitting the same distance off at both 20 and 40. Then you can adjust your sights accordingly.
Exaclty what CC said. I don't know why, but the biscuit took a whole lot longer to set up than any other rest I've had. I'm sure it was just me, but now that it's set up properly it works just as well as anything I've used.
Old 08-27-2004, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Make sure its aligned for center shot - side to side.
nock an arrow and look down the string, visually aligning both cams/wheels, and notice which direction your arrow is pointing. Is it centered on the bow or right/left?

Similarly you can align its up and down.
Prop the bow up so that the string is vertical - use a level and a vise or jig.
Nock an arrow and adjust the biscuit until the arrow is horizontal with the ground, again use a level.

Then proceed to resighting it in.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:37 PM

change before you have to waterproof the whiskers in the winter so they dont freeze and make a horrible noise, try a trophy taker no noise no problems time is running out
Old 08-27-2004, 10:21 PM

bldtrailone,

You know, I've been using this rest for over six years and I've never had it freeze up with or without the No-Sno spray treatment. People I know have been hunting with this rest in Alaska, Idaho, Maine, New York, and Wisconsin and in some pretty bad weather and the only part of their bow that hasn't frozen solid is the whisker biscuit. The biscuit isn't made out of some kind of pig bristles. Its made out of synthetic stuff that doesn't absorb water and it can't freeze. If ice did manage to form on the whole bow, limbs, strings, rest, cams and everything else you could still poke your finger through the biscuit and it would work.

Good luck hunting!
Don't forget to vote!
Old 08-29-2004, 09:35 AM

arroman the noise you'll hear is the plastic vanes or the feathered vanes passing through the biscuit when it's extremely cold and i had purchased the wisker biscuit when it first hit the market and the pro shop had suggested i waterproof the biscuit with our weather conditions

Quick Reply: Wisker Biscuit Tuning Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.