Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many of you like total solitude vs. being with buddies? >

How many of you like total solitude vs. being with buddies?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many of you like total solitude vs. being with buddies?

Old 08-24-2004, 09:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default How many of you like total solitude vs. being with buddies?

I.'m just like Mitch Rompola but without the rack. I love to have a social duck hunt with friends and have a ball but I can't stand to be with other hunters for deer. I have 320 acres and could have others hunt it with me but I love the solitude. I don't feel that I'm wrong but do some of you have the same outlook?
Old 08-24-2004, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many of you like total solitude vs. being with buddies?

I like hunting by myself too
Old 08-24-2004, 09:43 PM

Hunting by myself is bland and dangerous.[]

Hunting with DAVIDMIL is a BLAST.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:53 PM

if u mean like hunting in the same stand or whatever i dont liek it but i love having a bunch of buddies hunting the same farm we have radios and talk to each other occasionaly in the stand and meeting at dark and discussing our hunt and what we saw or shot then goin to look for it all together i just liek it
Old 08-24-2004, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the social aspect of having buddies around. Theres always a story to tell when your done bowhunting and I like telling them and hearing them!
Old 08-24-2004, 10:48 PM
Dominant Buck

I like hunting with my friend. In fact many of time we have been with in 50 -70 yrds from each other. We have that many deer coming through and we want to shot the big one. He has, with a first place in the state that year. I'm still working on it. The good thing is that our wives don't question us for TIW.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:53 PM

Depends sometimes a weekend hunt to the camp with the buddies is great. On the other hand I have a couple pieces of property I do my serious hunting on for the big boys and I like to be by myself there. One Christmas my wife went to her mothers and I went to the deer camp by myself for 4 days I did not see another human being during that time. It was probably won of my best christmas ever just don't tell my wife.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:41 AM

I must be one of those switch hitters I guess. I hunt with my family and some friends and have a blast at our family hunting camp. But other times, I love hunting by myself. I mostly bowhunt by my lonesome. My batteries get really recharged bowhunting alone.

I had sort of the same experience years ago as above. I went to a buddies camp to bow hunt by myself. This cabin is 10 miles in the big woods of northern Upper Michigan and there was not another human being for many many miles. I stayed there on two seperate weekends and just loved it. This cabin was just a very old run down place, but it had a wood stove to keep warm and a bed to sleep. Did not get anything, but it was the best!!! Too bad the cabin collapsed about eight years ago. Darn snow up here![&o]
Old 08-25-2004, 03:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Solitude ,If I even see another hunter coming my way I jump up aand down like a crazy rabied creature and holler the devil got me. Most head off real quick the other direction
Old 08-25-2004, 05:24 AM

If I'm serious about the hunt.........I want to be alone ! Or I have my father drop me off and pick me up.........but I'm hunting alone !!

If my buddies want to get together and have a doe shoot or something (for management purposes)...........it's fun to be out with a bunch of folks.......come back compare stories........hang out at camp (but I don't enjoy it much if it's an every weekend thing) !!

Quick Reply: How many of you like total solitude vs. being with buddies?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.