Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's your favorite broadhead & why? >

What's your favorite broadhead & why?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's your favorite broadhead & why?

Old 08-22-2004, 08:40 AM

Default What's your favorite broadhead & why?

I went shopping for new broadheads the other day @ Bass Pro....there are so many to choose from....wondered what some experiences were from you all......

I shoot 100 grain....

Thanks
Old 08-22-2004, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's your favorite broadhead & why?

My absolute favorite is the Bear Razorhead. Call me old fashioned, but it's simple and works. With high speed bows, they are prone to float a little, though.

Last year I went to expandable heads, and liked them OK. I shot 3 deer, all 3 though both lungs, so the broadhead really didn't matter.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:44 AM
Fork Horn

Im a big fan of the NAP nitron. I havnt used it on anything but targets but imo they fly and penetrate great.

I also like thunderheads.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:46 AM
Fork Horn

I LOVE the new NAP NITRONS.. they dont fly any different than my field pointsinfact they didnt change my patterns either, and they are around 28$ for three. not a BAD price. I also shoot 100 grain, on a gold tip hunter 55/75 at 29" draw.....

BowTech Liberty if you were wondering which bow i use.

i woudl RECOMEND that you go to your local proshop, and test out heads... they usually have some that THEY have tested. my pro here allowed me to test almost 8 differnet kinds of the higher end broad heads and even a few expandables. i liked teh NITRONS best they didnt change between my field points and they had great penetration. i cant wait to try them out on soem deer
Old 08-22-2004, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I prefer the good old Muzzy 3 or 4 blade fixed broadheads. I've used them so long now I just know what to expect.
Old 08-22-2004, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

In 48 years of Bowhunting I have used & tried many but when the Rocky Mountain Broadhead came out in the 70s (I owned 2 archery pro shops at that time) I started using the 3 blade 125 gr. Razor & have never changed from their brand. I have used the (always 3 blades & 125gr) the Premeir, Razor & recently the Ironhead. In the last 2 years I have taken several Big game animals including Elk & Buffalo with excellent results Plus many wild hogs that I consider the toughest animal a bowhunter can encounter the majority of the time. Good Luck in whatever you choose.

Old 08-22-2004, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've experimented with dozens of different types of b-heads, fixed blade, replacable blades and mechs. I've tested them on critters and other different medias. From steel drums and plywood, to old stoves and fridges. MY all-time favorite b-head, the one that has impressed me the most with ANY hunting rig, is the Rocket Steelhead. This b-head is THE best flying, hardest hitting, and deepest penetrating b-head I've ever witnessed. An outstanding pruduct with an incredible reputation. Thsi head has become my ONLY choice for that shot of a lifetime. You simply must take a serious look at 'em. Good luck and good shootin'
Old 08-22-2004, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Given that you have a shorter draw and shoot lower poundage, I would completely rule out mechanicals. Of the Fixed broadheads that I've shot, my favorites are the Muzzy 100 4 blades, and the Wasp Boss.

I would definitly check out a cut on contact 2 blade broadhead. This will give you the absolute best pentration. Magnus stingers are a good place to start for coc.
Old 08-22-2004, 11:41 AM

I just bought muzzy 100gr three blade, based my decision on what my more experienced hunting friends think (this is my first year for archery), price and quality. i am a firm believer is keeping it simple so fixed blade heads are more my style. also the three blade has a larger cutting area than 4 blade.
Old 08-22-2004, 12:04 PM
Typical Buck

I have always used the 100 gr. Shockwave. I have never had a prblem and they are very solid. I am going to switch to the Scorpion XP this year, which is the same broadhead only with a cut on impact head. I am excited to see how they preform on an animal.

Quick Reply: What's your favorite broadhead & why?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.