Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whats your treestand preference? >

Whats your treestand preference?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whats your treestand preference?

Old 08-20-2004, 08:13 PM

Default Whats your treestand preference?

Just wondering what type of treestands you like to hunt from (climbers, ladders, ect.) and also what are your favorite brands?
Old 08-20-2004, 08:14 PM

Default RE: Whats your treestand preference?

Climber- Summit Viper XLS
Old 08-20-2004, 08:15 PM

I prefer the lock on type stands. I've been using Gorilla's Baby Gorilla stands for the past few years and love them. Lightweight and affordable, couldn't ask for much more.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:23 PM

I prefer lock on stands. I hunt only private ground, so I'm able to put them up early and leave them all year long. So weight isn't an issue for me. I have about 7-8 different stands and I think that only 2-3 of them are the same. As they as they are ultra quiet and have a big seat....it's a stand for me.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:29 PM
Typical Buck

I prefer Lone Wolf, I use both the climbers and the hang ons. Prefer the hand climber model for climbimg trees. but if I don't know what tree I am going to be in, I use the hang on with the ladder sections that quietly attach to the back of the stand, that way I can get into any tree. I like the quiet cast platform and the simple quiet set up which is essential when hunting nocturnal bucks close to there bedding areas. I used to be an outfitter, I got a close look at alot of different stands, these were the best.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Climber on the public land right up the road (summit). Use lock ons on the private ground we hunt closer to town since we move locations often during the season (baby gorilla). Behind the house, I built a few permanents and painted them up for a quick and easy hunt.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

It depends on the area I'm hunting and the type of tree's in the area .I like climbers in hardwoods and some fencerow's but in thick area's I like fixed stands and ladder's .I think from most of the post's that I've read that the Summit makes the best climber available.This will be my choice for this hunting season.

nubo
Old 08-20-2004, 08:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Climber: Summit Cobra XLS and Goliath
Loc-Ons I have a variety of Big Game, Ameristep, Hunter's View etc. all in the skinny kid model.
I do very much prefer climbing sticks for climbing rather than screw in style.......my favorites are the Summit "BuckSteps" and "Swiftree" climbing sticks.
Old 08-21-2004, 12:34 AM
Super Moderator

I still use 2 old Loc-On hangons, an Amacker, and I rarely use an old Strongbilt in a fencerow. For climbing I use a Lone Wolf.
Old 08-21-2004, 02:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

A climber...yeah, definately a climber. From Summit, gotta be from Summit. Cobra XLS

Quick Reply: Whats your treestand preference?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.