Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone ever use one of these? >

Anyone ever use one of these?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone ever use one of these?

Old 08-20-2004, 08:49 AM

Default Anyone ever use one of these?

I'm not even sure what they are called but it is the treestand? that your wear and hang from the tree in. I have acquired some new property to hunt as some of you already know and the landowner does not allow treestands.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:56 AM

Default RE: Anyone ever use one of these?

Is it the Treesaddle? I have heard of them, but don't know much about it.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:06 AM

Thats it, saw on the Outdoor channel. Wonder how well and how easy they work?
Old 08-20-2004, 09:24 AM

Man.........your gonna invent a way to get kicked of that land......aren't you........
Old 08-20-2004, 09:25 AM

It could also be a Tree suit.

http://www.treesuit.com/

I'd try one if they didn't cost as much as a climber. I like the idea of being portable, quiet and light. Someone bought one over the winter and they were supposed to report back on how well it works but I've yet to hear anything.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:03 AM
Dominant Buck

It may work for gun hunting since you only have to point and shoot but bow hunting? I don't like the idea of huggin g the tree while your up in it. Every time you move you woulg have to be concerned with noise and or falling bark. I don't know about you but I pay close attention to rubbing up against the tree while in my stand.

I can say I do love to hit the little deer in the head with bark if they piss me off.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

kybuck, I don't get it? Someone was nice enough to let you hunt their land and only asked that you stay out of the trees. How hard is that?

Man.........your gonna invent a way to get kicked of that land......aren't you........
Old 08-20-2004, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

KYBUCK...as I posted before, don't do it unless you have discussed it with the landowner. It may be a liability issue, it may be some sort of twisted ethical issue with him, you just don't know. He may not have told you EVERY reason he doesn't want you up in a tree.

I'll re-state...Hunters not following simple instructions is what is costing everybody that asks me permission to be turned down. I'm tired of babysitting.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:38 AM

I wouldn't do anything without talking to the owner first. Probably will just hunt from the ground a be happy. I am just not use hunting from the ground and trying to come up with some ideas. Plus the landowner said we could climb up a tree and sit just couldn't use treestands. I'm 40 years old don't know how much tree climbing I've got in me
Old 08-20-2004, 11:05 AM

Proline- I would not do anthing against the owners wishes and I repeat anything. The problem he has is that people have snuck into his land and built stands out of wood using nails and screws to put them up. Plus using the screw in steps to climb up, cutting limbs to clear shooting lanes thus damaging the trees. I am just trying to get some ideas to maybe approach him with later after we get to know each other better and he sees that I WILL do what he ask and he has no worries about that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.