Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Man am I ticked

Old 08-19-2004, 03:10 PM

Default Man am I ticked

I was out shooting and I snapped my string. I bought it from Town Hall Archery in St. Louis. I paid $60 for it and they gave me some crappy string. What do you suggest I do? 1000 shots into it at most.
Old 08-19-2004, 03:15 PM

Default RE: Man am I ticked

contact them and ask for a full refund or a new string..or buy a new string from somewhere..winners choice or a Zebra string

slayer
Old 08-19-2004, 04:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you are going to buy a replacement string I advise to not get a zebra.

I listened to all the hype about them a couple seasons ago and I bought one for a Hoyt I was shooting.

It strected like a frickin bungee!!!!

Needless to say, it was then replaced after maybe 200 shots.

Winners choice is my strings of choice.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:33 PM

I dont even try to tune my bow with a new string until ive got 200 shots through it. I have never had a string that didnt stretch.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:54 PM
Typical Buck

Whyy.. youre ticked?I have had a broken leg form two weeks now and won't get my cast off for another four weeks yet!!I haven't had a chance to get one tree stand up yet although I was plkanning to back a couple weeks ago anyhow I digress.Keep your head up and make the best of things I know I willBill D>
Old 08-19-2004, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Zak.......any idea how it happened. The reason I asked was I know this is your first year and one misstake many rookies make is keeping item loose in their bowcase. I was at a archery shop the other day and talking to some new hunters. I noticed everthing was kind of tossed in their case. I didn't think much about it until I saw broadheads laying in there! Many things you put in your case can mess up a string. I once had a quiver that had a pretty sharp edge on it. Strings rarely break after a year.... let alone 5 years. Maybe it did but I would really look hard for a reason and make sure it isn't repeated!

Hunting is getting close.......Good Luck!
Old 08-20-2004, 04:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

I dont even try to tune my bow with a new string until ive got 200 shots through it. I have never had a string that didnt stretch.
It an unexceptable amount of stretch.

My bow had a 35 7/8 axle to axle to start.

Put the zebra on the A to A was 35 15/16 close enough to start.

After 200 or so shots my A to A measured nearly 36 1/2 (36 7/16)

That is just to many twists to put into a string in my opinion so I discarded it and replaced it.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:26 AM

Zak,

Tough break so close to the season. I'd call the shop, from previous post I heard good thing about this shop. Call them and see what they can do for you.

Andon the bright side. At least it wasn't a limb
Old 08-20-2004, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Zak! sorry to hear about your string but I'd take the darn thing back and ask them to exchange it for a winners string ,or at least give you a discount on one .

nubo
Old 08-20-2004, 07:26 PM

are you sure you arent "overdrwing" your bow? Thats what happened to my bow. Its in the shop being sold right now.[:'(] And so close to season to. [:@]

Quick Reply: Man am I ticked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.