Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Question for the scent freaks. >

Question for the scent freaks.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question for the scent freaks.

Old 08-18-2004, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Question for the scent freaks.

I hear a lot about everybody air drying there camo. Where I live this probably isn't possible and would probably soak up more scent. I have some of those dirt smelling fabric softners but I heard that they actually spook deer. If I was clothes w/o a fabric softner will they be uncomfortable and full of static?
Old 08-19-2004, 12:01 AM

Default RE: Question for the scent freaks.

i've used the earth scented fabric softeners and never had a deer spook from them, i also use the earth scented waffers and earth scent killer in combination. i don't air dry mine, just use the three in combination and leave clothes and a waffer in my air tight bag till i'm ready to roll.
p.s. don't forget to use the earth scented shampoo!!!!
Old 08-19-2004, 04:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hello, my name is Bob and I am a scent control fanatic.
(everyone in unison)Hello Bob.

I hang mine in the bathroom to dry, and my wife knows NOT to go in there when my hunting clothes are in there. I will spray scent killer earth scent on them after I spray Permanone ® on them and it's dry. I have not had a problem with static. They do feel a little stiff.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I always air dry my clothing outside for a couple days at least. But during season, if I happen to be hunting in rainy conditions, I'll toss my clothes in the dryer to dry out. I use the earth scented towels and never had a problem spooking deer. I usually will throw a couple in each of my clothing containers as well to help mask up any scent. I also periodically throw just my under garmets in the dryer with a couple to help mask up oders in them as well.
Old 08-19-2004, 06:56 AM

I guess it pays to live in a rural community. Mine always hang out side to dry or if it's rainnig and I need to hang them they go in the garage.

I don't dare put them in the dryer because of all the fufu my wife uses on our regular laundry.

Oh, I almost forgot. Hello Bob
Old 08-19-2004, 07:07 AM

I have never had a problem with the earth sented fabric sheets. Actually I've had my best success with them. I actualy use two at a time (dirt scented). Then I spray everything down with b.a. acorn scent. Works great. If a stiff breeze comes my way I spray a new shot of acorn scent over myself while sittin around. You could say I'm an adict and I would agree. Also, get some scent free deodrent and soap. All of this for the chance at gettn' a buck. lol But it works like a charm.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't know if it works, but it seems to work for me. When I dry my hunting clothes I sprinkle some baking soda in the dryer to absorb any leftover perfume smells from previous washes.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

rybohunter do your clothes come out stiff or full of static if you don't use a fabric softner?
Old 08-19-2004, 11:29 AM
Dominant Buck

Mine do ,
I air dry all the time . The stiffness gets "broken" by motion so the clothes soften up after awhile .

Fabric softener ?
Old 08-19-2004, 12:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

No they are fine when they come out, both water proof items and regular clothes.

Quick Reply: Question for the scent freaks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.