Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Am I the only one?? >

Am I the only one??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Am I the only one??

Old 08-18-2004, 05:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Am I the only one??

Am I the only one sick of seeing shotgun/rifle/muzzleloader hunts on the outdoor channel???( Not to mention the damn shooting houses[:@])

"The rut is in full swing and Joe Muzzleloader tags a beauty with his Thompson Center Encore"[:'(]

Bring on the BOWHUNTS!!
Old 08-18-2004, 05:56 PM

Default RE: Am I the only one??

Ditto
Old 08-18-2004, 06:23 PM
Dominant Buck

YUP, ..... they've all gotten lazy. Last year it was all kids, overbowed women and handicapped. This year all firesticks. They just don't bow hunt anymore.
Old 08-18-2004, 06:40 PM

Yep I love the bowhunts.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

You mean you don't like the 250yard running shots from the blind "House" where the deer comes straight in to the pile of corn???

Of course that might be better than the one I saw the other day where the "hunter" didn't have time to find his deer because he had another "hunt" the next morning in another state in another high fence. The ranch owners had to send him his deer???
Old 08-18-2004, 07:31 PM

I agree 100%. im gonna get the Truth 12 bowhunts. i think bowhunts are alot funner to watch. that was one of the small reasons i got into bowhunting, watched a monster bucks video and saw the bowhunts. the realtree roadtrips with mike waddel always has quite a few bowhunts. theres a few bow only shows, those are always fun to watch. rifle hunts are always boring. sit in the box and whack the deer when he comes to a food plot. i'd enjoy them if they were posting a drive or something that would give them a tough moving shot.i noticed one thing the gusy on TV NEVER do: if the deer gives them a second shot, they never take it. i know i myself and everybody i hunt with puts one more in the boiler room if the deer is still on its feet and moving pretty good.insurance shot never has hurt.

slayer
Old 08-18-2004, 07:53 PM
Typical Buck

I'm a bowhunter and therefore it is, or should be obvious that Bow Hunting Shows would be my favorite.

I have Primos;The Mastering the Art [A guide to calling bulls], Truth 7, and Truth 6. There four more in the elk series and I plan on having all of the elk DVD's by next hunting season.
Old 08-18-2004, 09:43 PM
Typical Buck

Amen Man! Exactly!
Old 08-18-2004, 10:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love hunting shows, but the gun hunts don't do anything for me anymore.
Old 08-19-2004, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree. Bowhunts are much more interesting to watch. There is only one rifle kill that I actually thought was really cool. It was the one where Michael Wadell made a shot on a huge Texas buck running at him right before it jumped a fence into the thickets. It was on one of the monster bucks tapes I have and I thought it was an amazing shot. I probably wouldn't have taken the shot at a running deer but I still have to give him credit for it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.