Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Already Bowhunting!!!!! >

Already Bowhunting!!!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Already Bowhunting!!!!!

Old 08-17-2004, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Already Bowhunting!!!!!

The awaited time came aug 15th. Yes, I am bowhunting once again. I got within 100 yrds of a dandy antelope buck.I tried 3 different times to get within bow range. I was unsucessful , but man did it feel great to be out once again. Getting close to chasing the monarchs of the mountains, only 13 days til elk season...........Bring it on!!!!
Old 08-17-2004, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Already Bowhunting!!!!!

Lucky you,i have to wait till october 1.I do think that august 15 would be a little to warm though.
Good luck on getting that antelope
Ditto on that bull elk,please share your pics when you get him
Old 08-17-2004, 08:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well it sure sounds like your having fun once again ,good luck

nubo
Old 08-17-2004, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will share the pics when I get one down. And yes, it is hotter than heck. A buddy of mine killed one yesterday after spending 2 days sitting in a blind in 100 degree weather. I don't like blinds because I don't like rattle snakes. The blasted things crawl into your blind to get out of the heat. I won't put the bow until now the end of the year when the last big game season closes. If there is a heaven I am in it now. This bowhunting stuff is worse than drugs eh?
Old 08-17-2004, 09:49 PM
Typical Buck

Elkcrazy8--Good Luck Man!--Hunt hard & smart & keep the wind in your face!!!! I hate rattlers tooooo! ElkNut1
Old 08-17-2004, 11:29 PM

Right on Elkcrazy that rocks. But I am throwing a guess out here and saying that you are from Oregon or somewere close? Because antelope opened on the 15th. But elk opens in 11 days not 13. And oh yeah baby cant wait, I think I found a little honey hole for this year. Good luck
Old 08-18-2004, 05:19 AM

Man....it was good to get out .......wasn't it !!

I started out Saturday 8/14 ..............hunted Sat.&Sun ! I saw 10 whitetail does Sat.evening .......saw 5 does Sun. evening ! Had 5 within easy bow range ! It was awesome......glad to be back at it myself !! Going again after work today !!

Good luck Elkcrazy........I hope you get to nail some !!
Old 08-18-2004, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

pinkys79, I am from Idaho. Our elk starts on the 30th of Aug. Thanks for the good luck elknut. Same to you. From the looks of your last video them wolves better watch out or you will leave them hungry. A partner of mine watches that video daily. He is bound and determined to get his first elk with a bow. Everyone reading this, GOOD LUCK this upcoming season. Lets go get em..........
Old 08-18-2004, 03:36 PM
Typical Buck

kentucky kicks in sept 4th
Old 08-23-2004, 02:11 PM

elkcrazy

I can hardly wait either won't be long now.Ihave been shooting my bow since feb.

We don't like rattlers either,especially the one I came across 2 weeks ago.48 in long 9 rattlers and a full grown grey squrriel inside of him

Good luck elk hunting

Quick Reply: Already Bowhunting!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.