Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 New Arrows(Which Ones?) >

New Arrows(Which Ones?)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Arrows(Which Ones?)

Old 08-16-2004, 06:57 PM

Default New Arrows(Which Ones?)

Hey everybody,

I am thinking about getting some new arrows before hunting season starts. Right now I am shooting Goldtip camo 5575's. I have no problem with them at all they have just got several shots thru them. I assume that if I buy new arrows of a different brand I will have to retune my bo right? What are some of your opinions on new arrows?

Thanks
Old 08-16-2004, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Arrows(Which Ones?)

I love and highly recommend ACCs, but if the Gold Tips are working well for you, why change a setup that works?
Old 08-16-2004, 07:21 PM

aint nuttin wrong wit de Gol tips.....But If I change my goldtips Ill go with the ACC
Old 09-12-2004, 05:08 PM

Get carbon express if you can hunt good
Old 09-12-2004, 07:18 PM

hey i also use the gold tip 5575, but i did buy the new gold tip 5575 hunter series .001 tolerance. if you test the acc's by breaking one in half you'll find that they splinter. the gold tips make a clean break by snapping and not splintering, leaving no carbom in your game.
Old 09-13-2004, 02:28 AM

dont change horses in the middle of the stream.If what your doing now works leave it alone.

Old 09-14-2004, 01:21 AM

Stay with the Gold tip and if you are looking for a good place to buy, try Marvin Johnson at e-mail address [email protected]. I have never met him nor do I have any business relation with him. All I do know is that I searched for a long time for the best prices and Marvin has them. Twice a group of friends and I ordered 7 dozens all different lenghts and color fletches, delivered to my door step in four days!!!!! I can't get a local Prs-shop to do that. I live in NY and he lives in Kansas. Cut, fletched and delivered in four days. I generaly use the XT 5575 and pay less than $70.00 per dz. The regular hunters sell for about 50/dz.

This past year during our 3-D league I learned something new...ACCs bend! We shoot in pretty cold weather in this part of the country and alot of the targets are frozen when we shoot. One of the guys on our team shot the target and it made a loud thump as it hit the 10 spot. The arrow pulled out easy, but on the next target his arrow made a right hand turn around a tree. This shooter generally does not miss the eight spot let alone the whole target. When I was looking at the arrow it looked perfect, however when I spun it in my hand it woobled, explaining the poor shoot. Good thing it was only a target and not blood and hair. He sold his ACCs and is now shooting new .001 Goldtips with better peformance than before.

A dozen arrows for the price of 1/2 dz of the others. I can use the extra money for other goodies. I shoot 65 yards consistantly with broadhead tipped arrows. IF your set-up is time and matched, your arrow will fly true. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2004, 08:24 AM

Using Gold Tip 5575 XT's and love them
Old 09-14-2004, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also shoot the GT XT's but from what I've experienced with the GT's if your shooting a bow with some speed and your arrows are on the longer side (mine are 29") the 5575's are pretty weak spined (even on my Icon set at 64lbs). The 7595's remedied the problem. I really wish they would change their arrow labeling[&:] Too many people think because they say 5575 that they'll cover anything from shooting 55lbs to 75lbs and that just isn't the case.
Old 09-14-2004, 12:53 PM

Why fix it if it isn't broken??? I shoot the Gold tips 5575 XT and I love them. They are IMO the best on the market!!!!

Quick Reply: New Arrows(Which Ones?)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.