Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Parker Bows versus my old trusty PSE dual cam >

Parker Bows versus my old trusty PSE dual cam

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Parker Bows versus my old trusty PSE dual cam

Old 08-16-2004, 11:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Parker Bows versus my old trusty PSE dual cam

Okay..... You all have heard of, or seen, my old tried and true, round wheel dual cam, PSE Bow:

http://members.aol.com/ammonc/PSE1000C.jpg

Yesterday while it was still raining and drizzling, and I was bored, I took a ride up to Green Top Sporting Goods here in town. I saw a brand new Parker bow called a "Hunter Mag" that was a lefty model. It was 70# draw and already set at a 30" draw length. I just had to check it out further.... A salesman came over and talked to me about it too and he snipped off the plastic zip-tie, so the bow could be drawn. Anyway, here is the bow I am talking about:

http://www.parkerbows.com/huntermagoutfitter.html

I don't know.... I LOVE my old PSE Edge Series 1000C bow. But this new Parker just felt "right" to me. It felt perfectly balanced and stable like my old PSE. I never shot the Parker but did check it out at full draw and it seems like a really great bow. At $439 bucks, it looks like a quality bow and a real good buy. The problem is, my wife would be kicking my a$$ for next three weeks, if I bought this bow! [:-]

Any opinions on Parker bows?

Butch A.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:43 AM

Default RE: Parker Bows versus my old trusty PSE dual cam

There's another thread about Parker bows, and many have alot of good thngs to say about them. I have that same bow, though not the outfitter version, but with different accessories, and I love it. It's a great mid range bow and I've not had any complaints with it so far.
Old 08-16-2004, 12:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yup, but it isn't good. Especially after breaking limbs not just once but twice within two years. It's my backup bow now.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:09 PM
Fork Horn

I cant wait I just bought a Phoenix and It arrives a week from this Monday. I have heard nothing but good about their bows and the service. After all they must sell a good product to be only the second archery company to reach the Fortune 500 list.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:32 PM

[8D] i got my parker used like i buy all my bows i dont have any complaints it feels good and it quiet i seem to hit really good with it so im happy
Old 08-17-2004, 12:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes! I wish they'd make something with an ATA in my desired length![:@]

We have a dealer close by and they are definately solid dependable bows.
Old 08-17-2004, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been shooting Parker bows now for about 5yrs and never had not one problem with their equipment at all period. IMO they make a quality bow at a fair price. They also have top notch customer service.
Old 08-17-2004, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like parker bows , but , stick with the dual cam , they are much easyer to tune for fixed broadheads , and just seem to shoot better , in my one sided biased opinion . Im not on you wifes side either , if you want a new bow go for it , just make sure it has 2 cams .
Old 08-17-2004, 09:32 AM

Butch,
I bought a Parker EZ-Draw the end of last year and I love it. It is by far the smoothest and quietest bow I've ever shot. The speed is not in the 300's, but the feel of the bow makes it worth the money. This will be my first year bow hunting and I can't wait to hit the woods! Only 2 more weeks!!! Happy Hunting
Old 08-17-2004, 10:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks, everyone....

I talked to another bowhunter the other day too, and he reminded me that there are still a good number of bowhunters out there who still shoot with recurves and are incredibly successful!

My old PSE bow is perfectly tuned and stays tuned. It ain't the lightest thing nor the fastest thing out there, but it is rugged and reliable. It just has a certain "feel" to it that inspires confidence and accuracy.

So, okay, eventually I'll upgrade into a new bow, but for now, I guess I'll follow the saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" [8D]

Butch A.

Quick Reply: Parker Bows versus my old trusty PSE dual cam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.