Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 bow shop owner did a test on innerlocks and you wouldnt believe........ >

bow shop owner did a test on innerlocks and you wouldnt believe........

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bow shop owner did a test on innerlocks and you wouldnt believe........

Old 08-15-2004, 06:27 PM

Default bow shop owner did a test on innerlocks and you wouldnt believe........

he took a peace of quarter inch steel and shoot muzzys thunderheads and innerlocks into it,the muzzys and thunders shatered on impact but what surprised me was that the innerlocks penetrated all the way into the steel with no damage to the tip at all!!!!!!now i was pretty surprised to see that....he has it on display in his shop so ill try to get yall some pics.....

shootr
Old 08-15-2004, 06:41 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: bow shop owner did a test on innerlocks and you wouldnt believe........

They perform very well. Len shot a bunch of deer with them. I think the reason they survived and penetrated is the tip is hard, sharp and SMALL.
Old 08-15-2004, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bow shop owner did a test on innerlocks and you wouldnt believe........

I'd really like to see those photos! 1/4" steel is pretty darn thick!

Good Luck!
Old 08-15-2004, 08:37 PM

wow..i may have to check them out..woudl like to see the pics of that one.

slayer
Old 08-15-2004, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

The new and improved inner-locs are impressive. That stainless steel shank is very tuff!! The pro shot that I go to had an inner-loc head that they had shot into concrete, twice, with the same head, and it was still in one piece with all three blades still in place, although the tip was knurled some!
Old 08-15-2004, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Website?

Thanks!
Old 08-15-2004, 09:44 PM

cool ill kep that in mind the next time im hunting a sheet of steel......lol
Old 08-15-2004, 09:53 PM
Typical Buck

WOW! I'm with Cloud 9... sure would like to see the pics of that. Impressive! What do these heads look like?
Old 08-16-2004, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think (not sure) one of the designers or guys who started Muzzy's left a couple of years back and started Innerloc. I may buy a pack to try this year. Does anyone know how they fly?
Old 08-16-2004, 06:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Does anyone know how they fly?
For me, they are flying very well. Currently, I am getting about 4" groups at 50 yards using a 135 grain five blade and 2317 eastons. I usually won't shoot twice at the same target even at that range. Blade sharpness IMO is very good on the innerloc out of the package. I used them last year with very good success. It's, hard for me to believe though that they are that much tougher then muzzy. The muzzy's tip have a large felmale thread to them, while the innerloc, has a small make thread and a shank that runs right down through the ferule. I just don't see how the tip on the innerloc could be stronger, but I'm not an expert.

Quick Reply: bow shop owner did a test on innerlocks and you wouldnt believe........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.