Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How high are your expectations set this fall? >

How high are your expectations set this fall?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How high are your expectations set this fall?

Old 08-15-2004, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How high are your expectations set this fall?

I have a nice 8 point who walked right in front of the stealth cam today. He must of did it just before I arrived. I believe he may be just enough for book but I saw a few other monsters around so my fingers are crossed! I will have a friend scan it then I will post it!
Old 08-15-2004, 08:43 PM

Definitely a doe early since I just thawed my last pack of BACKSTRAPS. After that the wait begins for 140+ class buck. I know of at least two 8 points (140 - 150 class) that survived the season. Hopefully they will still be around in a couple months and tip the 160 class.

Oh yeh, I almost forgot....Team bragging rights from the archery contest!!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE
Old 08-15-2004, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Spending lots of time in the woods will be great. I have to shoot a doe because I am in the earn a buck. Then I want to get either one of the two on the right.

Old 08-15-2004, 08:58 PM

i have high hopes for this archery season i am after a purticular bruser that i have been seeing and passing up for the last 2 years last year i would have taken him but he never offered me a good shot. he will be 5 1/2 this year and he is a monster main frame 12 with 2 drop tines one is about 4 inches long and the other is about 7 inches long he is about 24 inches wide he will probly score around 220 non typical
Old 08-15-2004, 09:36 PM

I guess now that im in a big buck contest from this site. Im gonna have to hold out for somthing bigger than the scrappy little bucks we kill most of the time
Old 08-16-2004, 06:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am looking to zap as many does as I can. I'm hoping I get drawn for a second doe tag in my main hunting area. Otherwise it'll be trying to fill special regs doe tags. And in the mean time I'll waiting for a nice buck to come by bigger than last years.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

My goal is to limit out in Arkansas with my bow and for both bucks to score 130 or better.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am very optomistic about this year, last year was just great.....i have never seen that many bucks on my property as i did last year. I just hope that bruiser is still around that i seen last year.......all deer are about 130 class, with the occasional 1 to 1.5 yr old deer still growing. I think the buck i seen last year would go about 150's.......I just cant wait to sit in the stand, and have me a chew.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:08 AM

This will be my first bowhunting season. I've been praticing alot and feel pretty good about my accuracy. I haven't set my expectations too high for the fall. I figure this will be a great learning season for me. A good first season would be to get a nice first doe with my bow. If the opportunity presents itself with something nicer, that would just be gravy.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not as high as last year.... [:-] I've been practicing more and more and have confidence with my old PSE bow, it's just that I have go be at the right place at the right time I guess.

See, last season I went all out - spent over $85 bucks in permits, stamps, license fees, and etc... and STILL got skunked! [&o]

Butch A.

Quick Reply: How high are your expectations set this fall?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.