Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lost a friend

Old 08-13-2004, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Lost a friend

I wanted to share with my bowhunting friends:

I lost a good friend last night over in Iraq. His Humvee hit a land mine killing him instantly and injuring 2 others under his command. I'm not sure of all the details since nothing has been published yet - just what the Army told his wife who then told us. I do know that his remains will be buried at Arlington as per his request.

Mike and I served together in Hawaii for a couple of years. He was in one of my scuba classes that I volunteered at, assistant teaching. He instantly became part of our diving family and soon after we started having classes at his beach house on North Shore in Hawaii. After I left the Army and returned home to Illinois he married a woman that came through the volunteer diving program that he helped carry on.
Mike (da ruskie) served 1 tour in Afghanistan and was on his 2nd tour in Iraq.

Mike leaves behind a large loving family who were honored to know him.
Please help me pray that his family makes it through this tough time and for all the soldiers in harm's way, a safe return!

Hazcon7
aka
Mike (da krust)
Old 08-13-2004, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lost a friend

My condolences and prayers are with his family and friends and all of our brave men and women in the service.
Old 08-13-2004, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear about the loss. I can think of no more honorable way to go than giving your life for your country. Your friend is truely a hero in my opinion. My prayers go out to his family and love ones.
Old 08-13-2004, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mike & his family will be in my thoughts and prayers...

I thank Mike, and all of our Military and their families for the sacrifices they make for us, for protecting our freedoms, and for taking the fight to those who wish ill upon our great country!

God Bless, and may he rest in peace.
Old 08-13-2004, 08:54 AM

What to say.....I am very sorry for your loss, and continue to pray for, and thank those who bravely defend our feedom.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sorry to hear that we lost another brave soldier. My condolences and prayers go to all his family and friends. My gratitude and thanks to all (and to their families) who serve, sacrifice, and defend the rights and freedoms of the American people. It is people like him that make our country a great nation.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:31 AM

My prayers go out to his family and to all the soldiers still fighting and their families as well.

"Freedom don't come free" Truer words were never spoken.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:35 AM

I'm not sure what to say except I'm sorry for your loss. I give my Condolences to your friends family. They will be in my thoughts.

We as Americans take for granted the freedoms that your friend provided. He is a hero.

Sorry,
Adams
Old 08-13-2004, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear of your loss! Prayers being lifted!
Old 08-13-2004, 09:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am so sorry to hear that.

Quick Reply: Lost a friend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.