Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 is it too early to hang my stand? >

is it too early to hang my stand?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

is it too early to hang my stand?

Old 08-12-2004, 12:43 PM

Default is it too early to hang my stand?

I was thinking of heading down this weekend to hang a couple of stands. Bow season starts Oct 1 here in Illinois. Do you think I am getting ahead of myself??
Old 08-12-2004, 12:53 PM

Default RE: is it too early to hang my stand?

It's funny you should as the question like that. Most everyone is worried about not getting them out soon enough. I like mine to be a couple of weeks early (2-3 weeks) much more than that I get worried some will take them home with them[:'(]

http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.asp?m=718087
Old 08-12-2004, 12:56 PM

don't really think it's ever too early to hang stands. Some people never even take them down. My season starts in about a month, and I just hung a stand last week. I don't havg many, since I use my climber 95% of the time. But I like to hang them anywhere from 5 minutes to one year early. Anywhere in there you should be okay, as long as you're quiet while putting them in.

peashooter
Old 08-12-2004, 01:05 PM

Nope. THe sooner the better. Just check it a week in advance to make sure no wasps or anything unwanted has moved in.
Old 08-12-2004, 01:30 PM

I agree the sooner the better, also less to carry out to your hunting spot as well
Old 08-12-2004, 04:14 PM

I have all my shooting lanes cut out but will wait till 2 weeks before season to hang stands. I don't won't my stands stolen.
Old 08-12-2004, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

i'll be havin' at least 5 stands out....one is already up, al i have to do is check the water level and make sure i dont have to swim to it, lol.....the others i will putting up after this hurricane and the water level has dropped.......if it doesnt then i'll do it anyway i'm hunting 2 different WMA's, 3 at the one and 2 at the other....i can't wait, getting butterflies just thinking about being in my stand
Old 08-12-2004, 07:04 PM

I prefer to have all my scouting, all my stands hung and shooting lanes cut by late July. I've hunted the same land for about 5 years now, so there's really no new scouting I can do other than a trail moving 10-20 feet either way. All I do is do some long distance scouting from July till opener in Sept.
Old 08-14-2004, 03:07 PM

the sooner you get them hung out the better. the deer need time to get used to them
raim
Old 08-14-2004, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get 'em out now. I just got back from hanging several more myself.

Quick Reply: is it too early to hang my stand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.