Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone try a D.A.R.T Interactive shooting system??? >

Anyone try a D.A.R.T Interactive shooting system???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone try a D.A.R.T Interactive shooting system???

Old 08-12-2004, 12:38 PM

Default Anyone try a D.A.R.T Interactive shooting system???

My local pro shop has one and I was wondering do these setup's really help you bow hunt or is it just for fun?

Let me know????

Tom
Old 08-12-2004, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone try a D.A.R.T Interactive shooting system???

I shoot DART all the time. I think it helps more than 3d shooting, since your target actually moves. It is different than hunting, obviously, but alot of fun.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

it deffinatelly helps u alot. It gives u many hunting situations and many different angles on the animals. it's a blast. I shoot in a winter dart system leauge to help keep my skills sharp!
Old 08-12-2004, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot D.A.R.T. as well and must say that it does help with patience and shot selection. Plus it's a heck of alot of fun.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:03 PM

o yeah i do that quite a bit. our gander mountain has one now. its a lot of fun but u get jewed out on some shots.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:06 PM

I shot D.A.R.T. for the first time last week and it was very helpful. It actually puts you in real hunting situations and you have to make the decision to shoot or not. if you make the wrong one you get penalized

very helpful
Old 08-12-2004, 02:15 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: MNRut

I shot D.A.R.T. for the first time last week ... if you make the wrong one you get penalized

very helpful
I know what ya mean. We had a big following once the DART system was installed at the local range. Attendance dropped off sharply due to the penalties. After all, you launch one arrow on a "no shoot" scenario and that 400 pound truck driver comes out from behind the rock and beats you with a tire iron. Man, we all thought that was a pretty stiff penalty too.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:53 PM

I tried it when it first came out. It was fun, but the novelty soon wore off. I realized that the camera movement effected my score as much as animal movement. If they used absolutely stationary cameras it would be more fun. Perhaps they've improved it since my experience. I don't know. I still prefer outdoor 3-D ranges. Good times.
Old 08-12-2004, 07:09 PM
Typical Buck

I used to shoot DART all the time, it was great fun. Havent shot in awhile though, the shop i used to shoot at closed down. The other shop i used to shoot at had a video range but it wasnt d.a.r.t, it was another one. It was alot more realistic, the kill zones i mean. Unlike DART which uses the i.b.o 3-d scoring rings, this one was anatomically correct. Another advantage over this other system was that it didnt show the scoring rings after your shot like dart did. When I used to shoot with friends the guys going last could memorize exactlly where the bullseye showed up on the last guys shot and aim for that. On this system it just showed a white pointer and told what you score was. It is great fun. The owner of the one shop was talking about getting something installed on his that would let you shoot diffrent ranges. The computer would cronograph the speed of your arrow and compensate for distance, so it would tell you that the animal was at like 50 yards and even though it was actually only 20 you would aim with your fifty. Ofcourse the arrow would hit way high on the screen but the computer would show you were it would have hit if it was 50 yards. He neve got it installed before he sold the shop but that would have been cool.

Dave
Old 08-12-2004, 08:53 PM
Fork Horn

We shoot a Techno league here and it is a blast. 30 arrows with a possibility of a 300 for the max score. Each scene is shootable and sometimes you only get one good shot. If you miss out on that opportunity then you really have to put the shot in the right spot to get a good score. It really helps in the real time situation and keeps the skills sharp in the off season.

Quick Reply: Anyone try a D.A.R.T Interactive shooting system???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.