Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 are the expensive tree stands worth it?? >

are the expensive tree stands worth it??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

are the expensive tree stands worth it??

Old 08-12-2004, 07:36 AM

Default are the expensive tree stands worth it??

The local bow shop is selling hanging stands for $40. I was just wondering if the expensive ones are worth the extra $$? What is the difference besides maybe lighter??

Thanks
Steve
Old 08-12-2004, 07:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: are the expensive tree stands worth it??

Comfort is my number one priority and I'll spend the money to get it. If your not comfortable, your moving around, figiting and just might not want to remain there and you have to be there when the animal is. Some of the generic, cheaper treestands might suite you well for a couple hours but for the long stay on the stand, they don't necessarily fit the bill. I stock up on some of the cheaper stands for when I'm popping into a stand for a short stay but for the long haul, comfort is number one.
Old 08-12-2004, 07:56 AM

For hang on stand I get the least exspensive stand I can. I have yet to find a hang on stand that I consider comfortable. As long as you feel comfortable on the platform(enough room to stand and shoot) I think 40$ is a good deal. I use my hang on mostly on short hunts where I'm in just for a morning or evening hunt. If I'm going all day you'll find me in my climber which I find more comfortable. If you're buying a climber spare no expense IMO.
Old 08-12-2004, 07:57 AM
Fork Horn

You definitely get what you pay for. I have a Summit climber that was a little pricey, but it will probably last me a life time and it's very comfortable. Me personally, I go for quality when I'm purchasing something.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:11 AM

OF COURSE, any time you spend a tremendous amount of money on hunting gear you've made the right decision [8D]
Old 08-12-2004, 08:21 AM

I just checked eBay. Prices are way up for stands! Where do you guys get deals?
Old 08-12-2004, 08:33 AM

I love my Summit Viper. Probably the most expensive stand I've ever owned but BY FAR the most comfortable! I say that if you plan on spending time in your treestand, forget the money issue and go for the comfort. 1 comforatble stand is worth more than 5 miserable ones.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Having a stand that is absoutely quiet is of utmost importance to me. I also like to have a large platform. I hunt a lot of my lock ons all year long and all day long. Therefore, I make 30 x 30 all welded lock ons. That way there is 0 noise and plenty of room. I can dance a jig on my lock ons and they aren't going to squeak. The pne problem being that these lock ons are heavy and not very protable. I do buy locks ons that are lighter and more portable. When I do that again quietness is a major issue. I have found that you have a spend a little more money to get a quiet stand but you don't have to get the most expensive ones. I have had good luck with the Gorilla series.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am definitely getting a Summit Broadhead Backpacker. After countless internet searches, reviews, posting questions on this board, etc... I saw the Summit Bullet Backpacker series on display at Dick's Sporting Goods and asked all about it and checked it all over thoroughly. Granted, it has the shooting rail on it, but the Broadhead version is wide open and is essentially, the same stand.

The guy at Dick's let me test the Summit real quick too. Granted, it was mounted to one of those cheesy "telephone pole-looking" display things. And, okay, so like, I was only what about 12-13-14 inches off the ground. But I walked all over the bottom platform and it didn't move an inch. It didn't creak or groan or shimmy in the slightest bit. I love the foot stirrups on it. Those are cool! I sat in the seat and even picked up my feet off the bottom platform. Wow, what a rock solid stand! [8D]

Long story short: You definitely should get the best stand for the money. Don't go cheap!!!! [&:] I mean, read up on some of my earlier posts where I was talking about my old Ameristep Grizzly steel climber that I picked up for wicked cheap. Lesson learned: You get what you pay for!

Butch A.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:21 AM

I am a good friend of mine. I'll pay the extra money to have a safe realiable stand. If you don't think so much of yourself go ahead and get a cheap one. You are the one in it not me.

Quick Reply: are the expensive tree stands worth it??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.