Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting the same stand >

Hunting the same stand

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting the same stand

Old 08-11-2004, 08:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default Hunting the same stand

Anyone hunt the same stand year after year and have the same success? I just started bowhunting and have hunted the same stand for about 2 years now and have normally had a shot at a deer. Do deer normally follow the same trails even if it's not the same group of deer you saw last year. I don't have a lot of time that I used to have since the children have arrived so I can't do a lot of scouting so i normlly stay in the same general location.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Hunting the same stand

I have stands that I never change the position of, I always try to make sure I have 2 stands covering the same area to compensate for wind changes. Yes deer use the same trails for years as long as nothing doesn't change in the area. Changes can effect their travel routes, an example would be a path being cleared through some thick stuff, if you do this a lot of times the deer will start using it.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:09 AM
Fork Horn

I have a stand that I have been hunting for 4 straight years. I hunt it at least three days a week. I have deer within 20 yards almost every day. I wouldn't pull it for any reason. last year I shot a magniv=ficent 8 pointer out of it and while I was waiting to get down I nailed a large doe. As I watched her run off I turned back only to see a rather large 9 pointer standing 15 yards to my left and walking in. I had to watch him pass.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:15 AM

My most productive stand I've hunted for the past 12 years. I've moved slightly a couple of times because of a blow down and new housing development but it's withing 15 yards of where it orgianlly was. The deer have been using this same funnel to cross the neighbors field and dirt road and seem oblivious that I continue to shoot them in the process.

I do make sure to hunt it only when the wind is in my favor and I generally won't hunt it more than 2 evenings a week.
Old 08-11-2004, 01:41 PM
Typical Buck

If unpressured, good stand locations should remain good.
Old 08-11-2004, 01:54 PM

I have 2 stands that have been in the same place for along time, some locations will always have deer moving through. One stand you can almost set your watch and around 9:30 here they come. Mostly does , but from time to time a buck will wander by
Old 08-11-2004, 02:41 PM

I've killed 6 of the 7 deer out of the same stand. Location, Location, Location!
Old 08-11-2004, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt the same stand location year after year at certain time of the rut, but not the same deer stand per say'. I use a climber, but i do have several stand that i let guest use and i always tell them in the morning on the way there that i will guarantee you will get a shot at a deer if you play the cards right. They have been there for about 3yrs and everyone usually gets a deer every year, and my spot is always on fire during the rut, i am the only one who hunts this area, i dont even like it when my uncle walks in that area.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:18 PM

I have killed 3 p&y bucks in the last four years out of the same stand. Deer dont have good memory.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:27 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: PSEaxis1

I have killed 3 p&y bucks in the last four years out of the same stand. Deer dont have good memory.
Especially after they are dead.

Quick Reply: Hunting the same stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.