Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ontario Moose

Old 08-10-2004, 02:03 PM

Default Ontario Moose

I have 47 days until my Ontario moose hunt. I was wondering if anyone up there knows how the year has been on them. Any weird weather, bugs, etc. that I need to be ready for?

Thanks in advance for the info.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ontario Moose

I am sure Nubo will be able to answer that question for you.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:56 PM
nub

Any weird weather, bugs, etc. that I need to be ready for?
Greenhorn!

Its Ontario man. Everything weather related up there is wierd. Where ya headed? 1st, 2nd, or 3rd week? I'm doing 2nd and 3rd this year.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:07 PM

The weather has been lousy. At this rate it should be snowing when you get here. I started scouting last week and once again there is a shortage of calves. We have three archery tags for the six of us and things are shaping up for a good hunt once again.

Where are you headed up here?

Moose

Old 08-10-2004, 06:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

We haven't had much of a summer this year,I was up near Tamogami this past week and the mosquito's were horrid .I will be heading up near WaWa in the middle of Sept for the archery hunt with a bull and cow tag this season .Come prepared for any type of weather last season it was 26 one day and then we got 6 inch's of snow the next day,the weather can change drastically at this time of season.Make sure you don't forget your rain gear it's a must and also bring your bug suit or lot's of repellent it might come in handy,you just never know what your gonna get .
Where about's are you hunting,maybe if I'm close I'll look you's up. I'll be hanging out in 21B .

Mooseman! where about's are you located?

nubo
Old 08-10-2004, 08:51 PM

Nubo,

I live in Fort Frances. I hunt up towards Dryden for moose.

Moose
Old 08-10-2004, 09:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's too bad your that far up ,I hunt in White River. If you were closer then I'd come to visit But your a little far for a visit.I take it your in area 7 or 8 correct.
Good luck and let us know how you make out this fall

nubo
Old 08-10-2004, 09:53 PM

Nubo,

Do you have high speed? I made some cool windows/media/video files of the three kills last year. I was teaching new partners and filmed their kills. If you like, I could send them off. I sure wish we could post video clips here. They are about 4 mbs each.

Moose

Old 08-10-2004, 09:57 PM

45 days and I`m leaving for 21A, we have a bull and cow for the archery hunt. Bought a new rain suit this year( all the rain last year convinced me I needed a new one). Yep, bugs, rain, snow, warm days and lets not forget about wind, sure sounds like moose hunting to me.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:02 PM

I don't mind the bugs, rain, and snow but I really dislike the wind. That makes for a tough hunt. Sneaking through deep cover in high wind is not as appealing to calling from the stand locations.

Moose

Quick Reply: Ontario Moose

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.