Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Speed gain from peep removal. >

Speed gain from peep removal.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Speed gain from peep removal.

Old 08-10-2004, 09:42 AM

Default Speed gain from peep removal.

I recently added a no-peep to my bow and removed the peep site from the string. The thing twanged like a guitar after that, so I added some cat whiskers. Any guesses on what my net speed difference is? Just curious.

Mathews MQ1
65#
28"
GoldTip 5575 w/ factory nocks
90 Grain tips
3 - 5" Fletchings
Previously shot 260 fps
Old 08-10-2004, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Speed gain from peep removal.

Less speed now than it was before. Unless you had one of those rediculous things with tubes to align it. If not then you are probably slower with the catwhiskers, but a bit more quiet.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:55 AM

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

Less speed now than it was before. Unless you had one of those rediculous things with tubes to align it. If not then you are probably slower with the catwhiskers, but a bit more quiet.
Yes, I had the ridiculous thing. I was told that my bow would be quieter without it. The noise DOUBLED when I took it off. I haven't shot it since adding the whiskers.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

You could always try string leeches. They do an excellent job of keeping my string quiet and I don't use a peep either.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:07 AM

ORIGINAL: bearklr

You could always try string leeches. They do an excellent job of keeping my string quiet and I don't use a peep either.
I heard they're not very durable. Is this your experience as well?
Old 08-10-2004, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bah, this has me reconsidering switching to a No Peep. I'm currently using one of those peeps with the rubber tubing. I was hoping the bow would be a little quieter w/out the rubber tubing.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:23 AM

ORIGINAL: JeramyK

Bah, this has me reconsidering switching to a No Peep. I'm currently using one of those peeps with the rubber tubing. I was hoping the bow would be a little quieter w/out the rubber tubing.
I wouldn't let the noise deter you. Just dampen it some other way. The no-peep is working well so far. It's actually kinda liberating.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Speed difference------------probably anywhere from 6-10 fps,getting rid of the peep
Old 08-10-2004, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a chrono and was shooting my old bow with just a standard peep. I switched to the no peep and gained 11 fps. I didn't pay any attention to the noise as I was planning on selling the bow anyway. I just wanted to see what the difference in speed was. The only thing I changed was the peep and all the shooting was done on the same day.

My son tried the no peep on his new bow and didn't like it. He added the peep with rubber tube and only lost 6 fps.

After both of those I would say every bow is going to be alittle different but you will gain speed with the no peep.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:59 AM

That's in the ballpark of what I was figuring. With the whiskers it'll probably be a wash.

Quick Reply: Speed gain from peep removal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.