Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Acorns falling already... >

Acorns falling already...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Acorns falling already...

Old 08-09-2004, 05:48 PM

Default Acorns falling already...

Went to check game cams Saturday and was totally shocked to find several red oaks dropping big ol' acorns.I dont think I have ever seen them fall this early.Maybe now the cams will get some pics on them for it has been a slow slow summer for buck pics...
Old 08-09-2004, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Acorns falling already...

I have been preaching an early season for weeks now!!!! No one wants to beleive me I like it, i think the rut is going to be early as well also, the cooler weather here in ohio is soooo nice right now.
Old 08-09-2004, 06:02 PM

Turkey fan I believe,I believe.Here in Maryland we had a couple nights down in the low 50's.That was nice and I bet it got them deer moving.They probably thought winter was gonna hit any minute.

Bring on the rut.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:51 PM

I dont want to jinx it but the wheather here in north texas has been alot cooler than normal and alot more rain than normal the grass is still growing and is still green usully by now it has been over 100 degrees about 20 - 30 days and the grass is all brown and dead so the deer should be eating good and be good and healthy in 53 days 8 hours 20 min 30 seconds but whos counting!!
Old 08-09-2004, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

Man, Iam telling you what, the weather here in the southern tier of NY is just awesome lots of rain and the cool nights, It's got down in the low 50's the last few nights. I hope it stays this way till sept, Oct, Man I can't wait. I am so pumped. I hope everyone has a awesome season this year.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:54 PM

I noticed red oaks dropping acorns around my land to I don't think they were mature though maybe a storm made them fall off the treewas still loaded with acorns though. I put my stand near a trail that was about 25 yards from the red oak. I am feeling really confident about this spot Oct 1 will be here sooner or later.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:52 AM

Here in MO we have had the 10th coolest summer on record. The high here tomorro is only suppose to be 70. Should be around 100 this time of year. I agree, early fall on the way. Some of the trees are turning already as well. Not many, just a couple, enough to dream.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:11 AM
Typical Buck

Here in MA I havent seen any acorns dropping yet. Hell I cant even see them on the trees yet? Whats going on in my area?

Jim
Old 08-10-2004, 09:28 AM

I've been working on planting a fall plot on my land in New Hampshire and there was a vast amount of mast falling from the trees. The property only has red oaks and they've been dropping for the better part of the last two weeks.

It won't be long now.....
Old 08-10-2004, 09:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

There falling in my back yard here in NJ, small and immature but this is the earliest I've seen them.

Quick Reply: Acorns falling already...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.