Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Any hunting videos out there of "Non-Trophy" deer? >

Any hunting videos out there of "Non-Trophy" deer?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Any hunting videos out there of "Non-Trophy" deer?

Old 08-08-2004, 05:25 PM

Default Any hunting videos out there of "Non-Trophy" deer?

Anybody know of any bow hunting videos for sale that don't just feature trophy kills? I like to watch some "average guy" hunts sometimes. I guess just watching a video full of trophy bucks is kind of hard to relate to sometimes. Heck. I'd just like to see them take some does every once and awhile. Show some of the wildlife they see from their stand. Thanks!
Old 08-08-2004, 05:29 PM

Default RE: Any hunting videos out there of "Non-Trophy" deer?

Try Drury Outdoors, in some of their videos you see doe harvests and other wildlife. Including cows and crazy bucks!
Old 08-08-2004, 05:30 PM

i know what ya mean shadowace...u might want to try looking under ebay though...they have quite a variety of videos..
Old 08-08-2004, 05:38 PM

If you can find them , there is a couple of guys Billy Tucker & Bill Shirer they are from South carolina they make some awsome video's if it is a deer of any size , spike , doe, 3 pt. , 4 pt. ETC they will run an arrow thru it . their video's are called Shirers Bowhunting.
Their address;\\

Shirer's video
182 lake Forest Circle
Easly , S.C. 29642
864-859-0873
Old 08-08-2004, 07:08 PM
Fork Horn

See if you can go back and try to find some of the older Drury videos - before they were sponsored by every hunting manufacturer under the sun and had thousands of acres of privately managed land to hunt on. I distinctly remember videos like "First Time In" that showed them shooting forks, small 8 points, etc. Back when they were first starting out, they were just "average" hunters like the rest of us - which is what made them so popular. Even the very first "Monster Bucks" video they put out was filled with a lot of NICE deer, but no real monsters like you see in the newer videos. Not to take anything away from their current productions though. If any of us here could make a good living by hunting and create an environment that enabled us to film and harvest mature deer we would do it to.

You might want to also go back and check out some of the old Wensel brothers videos. Most notably Bowhunting October Whitetails I and II. I know they were both recently released on DVD and are available through Cabela's now. GREAT videos of real guys doing some real deer hunting - and they're filled with a ton of usefull information as well.
Old 08-08-2004, 09:55 PM

I like Primos "Truth" series videos. Not all of their bucks are monsters and they will show you misses too.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:25 PM

ORIGINAL: b2simple

I like Primos "Truth" series videos. Not all of their bucks are monsters and they will show you misses too.
I like them too, but the videos I see here recently are all monsters.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:23 AM
Dominant Buck

That lure guy from PA... the one with the floppy hat..... BOB. He has several videos. Don't know if he's made any in the last couple years. I have about 125 videos. Anyone want to buy them real cheap. They go back for about 15 years or so, maybe more.[&:]
Old 08-09-2004, 08:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have to double check which one it is.. but on one of the Primetime videos one of the guys shoots a small 8 point (by video standards). I liked that! I'd love to shoot him... but he was just a little scrub 8...
Dream Season 7 by Drury has 3 great doe kills! 1 rifle, 2 shotgun.
I'll have to look for those Shirers Bowhunting videos. I love seeing "normal" deer get shot..
Old 08-09-2004, 08:46 AM

Check out some of the old Fitzgerald videos, they were awesome and he would shoot just about any buck that came within range. His older video's were awesome.

Quick Reply: Any hunting videos out there of "Non-Trophy" deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.