Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Used Cheap Bows

Old 08-08-2004, 08:56 AM

Default Used Cheap Bows

Hi, I am 15 and i really love to deer hunt and have been hunting since i can remember. I would like to start hunting with a bow. My problem is that i dont have one. I have only hunted with a rifle. I need to know a place where i can get a cheaper bow. We have a gun/bow shop here but even the cheapest bow is 300 dollars. I have looked on ebay but havnt seen one for what i can afford now. our hunting season starts in the next couple of months. i know i would need to practice so what do yall susgest.
Old 08-08-2004, 09:17 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Used Cheap Bows

Find a pro shop and get measured. Lots of bow shops sell used epuipment that they take in on trade. If they don't sell used equipment.. maybe they know of one of their customers looking to trade up.. that might have a bow that will work for you. Make sure that you get a bow that FITS you. IE draw length and appropiate weight. Just be sure that the bow fits above all.

At the very least get measured.. then look on the internet for a bow. Check out the classifieds here and over on Archerytalk.com.

Did I mention getting a bow that fits yet?
Old 08-08-2004, 09:23 AM

I bought a bow on e-bay before i knew anything about them and it was a mess then i met a guy here in town that has been in archery for 25 years and he helped me alot i got a new bow that fit me and now i am having alot more fun and i hope to get my first archery deer this year
Old 08-08-2004, 04:59 PM

Well i have been measured before when me and my dad looked at them..... then we realized you can buy a gun and ammo for the price of the whole setup. I mean i didnt realize how much it was for arrows broad heads so on ....... how do they messaure you.
Old 08-08-2004, 05:14 PM

you can get a pse nova 2003 model out of bass pro shops sale catalog fot 99.99$$$ and thats what i shoot for now and it is not nearly a high quality bow but its killed its share of deer between my dad and i but its now permamantly mine since he got his mathews sq2 soon to be replaced with an outback..............good luck finding a bow.

shootr
Old 08-08-2004, 05:22 PM

i would say yes go to ur nearest archery dealer and find out if they have any used behind the counter bows...if not keep checking ebay..they have a lot of great stuff but be careful not all of there bows are high quality..oh yeah make sure u get the right bow that fits u to if u get it off ebay make sure that is has the correct draw length for ya..good luck on finding a bow!
Old 08-08-2004, 05:32 PM

You don't need to spend alot of money on gadgets when your just starting out. Just find a cheap bow, 6 CARBON arrows (they'll last longer when you bounce them off stuff) a few broadheads a bale of hay and your set. Shooting a bow is much more gratifying to me than shooting a gun. Just go to a gun range and listen and then go to an archery shoot. I feel like more of a part of the woods when I'm bowhunting. Shooting a gun in the woods makes me feel like an intruder. Maybe that's just me.
PS: What price range are you looking at for a bow?