Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I need some help. >

I need some help.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I need some help.

Old 08-07-2004, 11:23 PM

Default I need some help.

I am in the market for a new bow. I don't have to get a new one, but it would be wonderful. Tomorrow I am going out to a archery place to shoot some new bows around. In advance, what type of bows should I be looking for under the 400$ range? I have heard on Hoyt, Mathews, PSE, and others as being hot, but I am not quite sure what is the best.

I am looking for something between 32 and 36 inches, fast, and reliable.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the last minute help, I appreciate it.

Greenhead
Old 08-07-2004, 11:31 PM
Spike

Default RE: I need some help.

I like pse. I got a thunderbolt one cam for 400 with every thing on it last year. its a smooth bow its my third pse over the last 12 years no problems.
Old 08-08-2004, 08:13 AM

There are a lot of good bows for just under $400. My suggestion is go somewhere that will let you shoot everything, and base your decision on what feels comfortable and smooth to you.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:30 AM

I agree with sum. Go find a bow that you like. It really doesn't matter what others prefer as oppossed to which bow works for you. Go try out a bunch and go from there. Good Luck.
Old 08-08-2004, 02:26 PM

ORIGINAL: SumHunter

There are a lot of good bows for just under $400. My suggestion is go somewhere that will let you shoot everything, and base your decision on what feels comfortable and smooth to you.
Old 08-08-2004, 05:06 PM

Green Head, shoot every bow you can, and choose the one that you like best. When I bought my bow I bought what others had suggested, since it was my first, I listened to the "EXPERTS" and took their advice. Don't get me wrong the bow I choose was a very good one but their are things I would change if I had it to do over. This all comes from the knowledge I've gained from shooting other bows since. Each setup has advantages and disadvantages, so choose the one you are most comfortable with and you will have no regrets.
Old 08-08-2004, 05:18 PM

i would go with pse...but sumhunter is right go to ur archery dealer and pick out what is most comfortable for you! good luck..