Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Thanks You Guys (Pics) >

Thanks You Guys (Pics)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thanks You Guys (Pics)

Old 08-06-2004, 09:55 PM

Default Thanks You Guys (Pics)

I have finally got my bow and arrows ready for hunting season. I have some pics of my bow, arrows, and a group I shot. I owe it to everyone on this board, especially joshkeller, nwoutdoorshop, and lilhunter. The reason I mentioned these people is because they helped me in the chat for countless hours. Joshkeller got me into the technical side of archery (Big mistake), nwoutdoorshop stayed up for five hours one night and four hours the next night. He helped me put my arrows together. Lilhunter helped me with my broadhead selection even though I went with the two blade Magnus Stingers. (Sorry lil, but you get a free hat or T-Shirt if you send in a picture of the animal you killed with the Magnus Stingers.) You guys on the board helped me out a lot also. I thank all of you for that.

Here is one of my Gold Tip XT arrows. It weighs 363 grains. It has an Easton Uni Nock and two yellow 4" Bohning Fletch-Tite vanes and one white 4" Bohning Fletch-Tite vane. It has a nice yellow look. The 100 grain Magnus Stinger also has a yellow tint so it looks sweet.

Here is a close up of the vanes and nock.

This is my Magnus Stinger broadhead.

This is my bow. It is a PSE Fire-Flite 33 AC. The IBO is 294 fps. I have a 27" draw length and I shoot 55 lbs. It puts out about 35-36 KE now. I know this isn't much, but I will keep my shots under twenty yards.

Here is a closer look at my bow. Notice how I have all of the original accessories on it. I love the basic site, rest, and stabilizer. The stabilizer broke, but I have fixed it, I just haven't had time to put it on.

This is my confidence booster. This sling was given to me by a professional Mathew's shooter. (I'm sorry Davidmil) His name is Eddie Benezue. He won the ASA Senior Pro Championship of the World in 2000. I shot with him and he said I needed a sling. He put this on my bow and I love it. I lost it yesterday and was very miserable. He said that I have a lot of potential and I would be very good. He lets me shoot on his 3d course for free. He has about 20-25 animals on it. He also gives me free lessons. He told me a story about when he was shooting in a tournament. He said that after he was done with the tournament they could buy a ticket and shoot at an elk. The person that was the closest to the bulls-eye won the elk. There was a 1/4" bulls-eye on the elk. He asked what the closest shot was. They said that someone hit it, but it was low. He set his sight at 96 yards and shot. He hit the 1/4" bulls-eye right in the middle.

This is my 3d target. It is a Delta Backyard Buck. This is the size groups I was shooting today. I did not shoot this group, however. I stuck the arrows in since I just took the pictures, and it is too dark to shoot. (Yea right, it's never too dark!) I shot at 17 yards. I am having a good shooting week.

This is a close-up of my group.

If it weren't for you guys, I wouldn't know what I am doing, not saying that I know what I'm doing now!

* I put that star on that post because I wanted to see how long you would look at the picture to figure out nothing is there! This is where my deer mount will hang.

Once again, Thanks.

Zak123

Edit- I made the pictures smaller, thanks nub.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:01 PM
nub

Default RE: Thanks You Guys (Pics)

Now if you only new how to resize your pics.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:02 PM

Good Luck this fall - when you do shoot one I'm sure we won't have any problems seeing the picture.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:08 PM

How do you resize pics?
Old 08-06-2004, 10:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whew! I was glad to hear you weren't shooting in the house again, I wouldn't want your Mom to beat you bloody!

Neat story, good pics, keep up the good work.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:16 PM

I haven't ever shot in my house. (I don't think[]) I have shot at my house buy not in it. jk
Old 08-06-2004, 10:27 PM
nub

Sorry zak, didn't see you all ready apologized for the size. I'll try to walk ya through the resize.

first you have to open the pic with some type of photo editing software. I use Arc Soft, but I hear Paint is popular. Next, I click on edit and select image size. Then I make sure I select the "keep aspect ratio" box. I then start with about 400 pixels(the pic of yours I'm doing is currently 1280). Then save the new file. Your pic is now 19kb and 400 X 300 pixels.

Lets have a look. [X(]

Old 08-07-2004, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

hello zak123--------sounds like your having a great time.Your setup looks good and your groups as well.I will bet they will only get better.
Your right though,if it wasn't for these guys and gals on here i woulden't know half what i do now
Good luck this up coming season and have fun,thats what its all about.And please send us some pics of your trophies
Old 08-07-2004, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Zak......for a 15yr old young man, i am quit impressed with your knowledge on different subjects. I can tell u really love your bow and all aspects of it. Dont lose that........whether its with your bow, school, college and work, that kinda of drive and interest will make u very succesful in life. Hope u kill a record this year bud, good luck. Mick
Old 08-07-2004, 11:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

I put that star on that post because I wanted to see how long you would look at the picture to figure out nothing is there! This is where my deer mount will hang.
And here I was looking for the hole in the wall

Quick Reply: Thanks You Guys (Pics)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.