Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Any Yoopers on this Board? >

Any Yoopers on this Board?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Any Yoopers on this Board?

Old 08-11-2004, 05:56 AM

Default RE: Any Yoopers on this Board?

Born and raised in Calumet, way up in the Copper Country, and settled about 1 1/2 hours south in Ishpeming Twp in da ol Marquette County. Bessemer is down in the tropic heat belt of the UP eh! We are a little more of a hearty folk up here. Nice to see another Yooper here.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:20 AM

Grew up in the U.P. in Houghton Michigan and went to Northern Michigan University. I use to play hockey against Bownutty. Live in Texarkana Texas now but get back to the U.P. about once a year. Cygan C.VanTassel here!
Old 08-11-2004, 08:35 AM

I'm a troll but have been hunting the western U.P. since the age of 14, (my dad started hunting up there in the late 40’s). Will be up there the 3rd week of October. I hunt the area just south of South Republic.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:42 AM

Yup, I live right down the road from mathewsboy.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:16 PM

Hey coach, how's it down south? Bet warmer then up here right now. August 12th and my furnace kicked on. I hear your coaching. I remember seeing your team up at Tech practicing or something a handfull of year back on the news. When did we ever play against each other? I think you are thinking of my younger brother Trash arn't you? I could be wrong. Seems like a hundred years ago does'nt it. Good to hear from you!
Old 08-12-2004, 08:44 AM

I think you might be right you left before you finished highschool didn't you. I played against your brother my last 2 years of highschool and have not seen him since me, him and Dave Mick were running the strip in Marquette. Tell him I said high when you talk to him. If you ever need to get out of the snow get a group together and come on down. I just bought a ranch with a partner 350 acres high fenced with wild boar, rams, fallow, red stag, and various other exotics. Have a camphouse on the place for clients. And of course you know there will be a huge Yooper discount on all animals.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:50 AM

Huge yooper discount you say?
Old 08-12-2004, 09:23 AM

Thats right Legacy always got to take care of fellow Yoopers. But you must show up with some Pasties to get the discount.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pasties and Beer...

Now we're Talking...

I think I'm feeling something in the brewing here...
Old 08-12-2004, 09:35 AM

I'll bring the yoopers tapes too for background music.

Quick Reply: Any Yoopers on this Board?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.